• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

blood pressure question

E

eddy1608

hi, i am pretty paranoid regarding my blood pressure as i get a lot of aches in my chest so i took 3 readings just now and they was 126/60 120/60 and 117/54 the bottom number concerns me a bit so just looking for fresh opinions
thanks guys

V

volnash

My blood pressure is 120 over 60, is that good?

Blood pressure: 120/60 is good, according to this man Dr. Calvin Weisberger

Also just wanted to add that he is a cardiologist, here's even a link to his page 5 stars.

https://www.healthtap.com/experts/11827550

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Your diastolic (lower number, when the heart is resting) is quite low but that's fine! 120 for systolic is TEXTBOOK!!!

If you have anxiety about it though it's possible you might have some 'white coat syndrome', which means people normally read higher when worried about it. I would see your GP but your numbers are bang on!

I dunno if you have anxiety issues but it is VERY common for anxiety sufferers to worry about cardiac events. I once had an anxiety attack that fooled a paramedic with 24 years experience that I had had a heart attack when I had just had a panic attack.

If you are worried (about either) go see your GP and good luck!