• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bleak, slipping

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Things are feeling bleak, I've been heading down the slippery slope. Pressures, abandonments, rejections, isolation/loneliness, anger over old hurts/problems, the anticipation of stressful events, are all crowding in on me, and threatening to bog me down until I'm at a standstill. I'm trying to stay calm, not catastrophise, keep the faith, believe I will get through things, believe that a permanent lethargy/gloom hasn't settled in to stay. Trying to work through feelings, work out what has been playing on my mind, and what might need addressing to find a resolution. Trying to address the negative ruminations, the threatening total self-dismissal, and self-criticism, and self-sabotage. Trying not to give myself a hard time on top of how I'm feeling.

It's hard. Stuff is hard. It's an uphill battle. Often I'd really rather sleep and hide :BLAH:

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry that things are feeling bleak for you Alice. :hug:
Try to focus on one thing at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. Hang in there Alice; keep going, keep trying; you know what you need to do; you're a clever and courageous lady. Sending you hugs. :hug: xxxxxx

W

Waverunner

Hope you are ok Alice. Stop and rest when you need to on that uphill climb I.e be good to yourself and don't beat yourself up about things

M

mooncat

helli youve always been kind to me in the past.
Im sorry your not doing so well.
I hope you feel better soon..xx

Q

quietsecret

I'm sorry to hear things are a struggle for you at the moment. It's an uphill battle but it's more than okay to rest and take a breather when tired. I'm sending you lots of good wishes and I hope you don't feel so weighed down by problems soon :hug5:

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Thanks Quickduck, Toasted, djooj, Waverunner, mooncat and quietsecret, really appreciate your kind words and hugs, helps that I can say how I feel and receive understanding and encouragement.

Pacing myself today, keeping the overwhelm at bay, gonna do something nice this afternoon, feeling more hopeful :peace:

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I always take on too much at once and get overwhelmed too. I think its quite natural really, is there anyone in real life you can share your load with?

W

Waverunner

Hope you're doing ok this afternoon Alice.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Thanks again folks, it's really nice to feel cared about :grouphug:

I almost put it in my OP, and then felt it was a bit 'me, me, me', but I was visualising sliding backwards down this slippery slope and looking up hoping to see hands reaching out to me that I could grab on to, to stop myself sliding any further down, and to give me a helping hand back up again. And it does feel like that's what's happened. Thank you all for extending a hand :hug:

(was that too gushy/soppy? You know what I mean :D x)