• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Blame

F

firemonkee57

Do you think having a personality disorder means you are more likely to be blamed for things if they go wrong?

mypd

mypd

Yes.. Well, actually, I typically am to blame. Sometimes.

But, it's a good question because I often feel like I am walking on eggshells to avoid making any wrong "personality disorder" type errors.

?

>.<

I don't have a PD as of now, but I find people with MH issues are usually blamed. Whenever something goes wrong in one of my classes at school, my very discriminatory teacher sends me out and I get into trouble, even when I haven't done anything. Why? Because she feels disturbed to have "a girl with...her sort of problems in my class". The ignorance around these problems never ceases to shock me. It's awful really.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

There trying to diagnose me with one of these at the moment basically because im a pain in the arse and wont do what they tell me to do and im quite open about my dissatisfaction with them and their incompetence in general. I think if you step out of line and become too much of a inconvenience they usually throw you into one of these categorys and i think alot its because ive been quite non complient and dont trust in there advice or judgement because quite frankly they havent helped... i think ill have to be more careful from now on tone down the swearing try and be abit more civil...i know this might sound paranoid but i even think they might be trying to manipulate situations so i do something stupid because they know how i can get, the other day for example i dropped a swear word and my Dr decided it was directed at her and i was being abusive i said to her it wasn't i was just trying to articulate what i was saying non the less she took offence ran out in hysterics and they sent in a lacky to intimidate me which is essentially implying that im mad and i need to be controlled..then i got pissed off A because i did nothing wrong B because they've created this situation and insulted me and my morality and embarrissed me C because they think im oblivious to this and that im just going to take it its like no sorry mate im in the room i know im a good person and i wasn't being abusive to anyone..i nearly kicked off i was so outraged but i decided not to rise to it and go home
now ive got no prescription or care plan and in danger of going insane yh thanks for the help.

Last edited:
?

>.<

There trying to diagnose me with one of these at the moment basically because im a pain in the arse and wont do what they tell me to do and im quite open about my dissatisfaction with them and their incompetence in general. I think if you step out of line and become too much of a inconvenience they usually throw you into one of these categorys and i think its because ive been quite non complient and dont trust in there advice or judgement because quite frankly they havent helped... i think ill have to be more careful from now on tone down the swearing try and be abit more civil...i know this might sound paranoid but i even think they might be trying to manipulate situations so i do something stupid because they know how i can get, the other day for example i dropped a swear word and my Dr decided it was directed at her and i was being abusive i said to her it wasn't i was just trying to articulate what i was saying non the less she took offence ran out in hysterics and they sent in a lacky to intimidate me which is essentially implying that im mad and i need to be controlled..then i got pissed off A because i did nothing wrong B because they've created this situation and insulted me and my morality and embarrissed me C because they think im oblivious to this and that im just going to take it its like no sorry mate im in the room i know im a good person and i wasn't being abusive to anyone..i nearly kicked off i was so outraged but i decided not to rise to it and go home
now ive got no prescription or care plan and in danger of going insane yh thanks for the help.
Omg tell me about it! I got my report back from my inpatient assmessment at simply because I'm intelligent and ask questions, it said "At first, the patient was awkward, difficult, stubborn, and purposefully making things more complicated." All I did was tell them I didn't think I needed to stay there as I was there WILLINGLY and had a right to leave. For that, they sectioned me and LIFTED ME UP and put me in my room! Urgh :mad:

And the results were inconclusive, and the doc was forced to lift the section after 15 days because "the patients behaviour after witnessing it for a longer period of time shows no danger to herself or those around her". Thats what I'd been saying all along...:rolleyes:

But yeah, the MH services can be really annoying.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Yh when your sectioned thats when they really take the piss and violate your rights...i woke up in a hospital once after taking a overdose i was abit confused and distressed to say the least and tryed to escape two massive lumps chased me round the hospital for about 10 minutes and i got restrained and injected with something was like a charlie chaplin sketch...but ive never actually been properly sectioned so id imagine it must have been hell if i was id be kicking off everyday i surrpose until i learnt my lesson.

?

>.<

Yeah it's so annoying, I hated it there. Urgh. They didn't even help me, I had no therapy there at all, I didn't have much support, but I was drugged up and "sucessfulyl calmed", which is their word for being like a mind-numbed zombie. I refused meds after a while and just did what I'd said before. You really are on your own with MH issues, regardless of how much "help" there is out there.