Blackouts

C

Chappian87

Does anyone else get blackouts where they have done something out of character? Since I have started to become well I have started to experience a few blackouts, I'm only aware of a few each year but it may be more as I only know its happened after I 'come round' and notice something is different. Last year I was watching TV and it was about midnight and then the next thing I know I'm sat in the same place but the TV is switched off and I'm sat in my underwear. One day I was on my PC playing games during the day and I received a message from a friend saying 'why did you just buy me this?' I had purchased a game for him with no memory of doing so and left him a message, which when I read back made no sense to me. I'm getting worried now though because yesterday I was watching youtube videos on my playstation when I noticed coloured lines on my TV, I went to bed thinking it would be OK by the morning. When I woke up it was still there but then noticed a crack on it and a broken glass on the floor. It appears I had destroyed my TV in a blackout. If this is not the case then the only other explanation I can think of is that some aliens think that it is really funny to mess with me and wipe my memory. Has anyone else had experiences like this?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

When I first became ill one time I suddenly realized that I had driven out onto the ice in the bay I normally pass on the way home to my house. I didn't remember how I got there and I was stuck in the snow. It wasn't too bad because there were ice fishermen out there with their cars and trucks too. Luckily I had a shovel in the back of my truck and I dug myself out. The only other time I remember blacking out is when I drank a lot of alcohol once in a short period of time. Oh, and I guess there was the time I took my Ambien and drank alcohol too.

If you keep getting blackouts, you might have some kind of dissociative disorder....a mental health issue.

Last edited:
C

Chappian87

I have schizophrenia, which has been diagnosed. I have only started getting the blackouts since I have started to become well. I'm thinking, maybe, that since I have started to become well my psychosis is in small bursts where I do out of character things where I can never remember any of it.