• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Black Mirror (TV show)

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I have just watched season 2, ending with the episode 'White Christmas'. The torturous psychological realities remind me of psychotic delusions.

It is actually slightly triggering, as it reminds of the terror of psychosis.

Wonder if anyone else had this reaction.

Black Mirror - Wikipedia

E

exyz

I avoid it also Burt...no idea what it is about either... just get a bad feeling not to watch it:unsure:

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I confess I am glued to it. It reminds me of the Twilight Zone. It does trigger me, but my mind has erased memories of my psychosis so a partial reminder is kinda nice.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I watched all the Black Mirror shows on Netflix last year. Now I'm watching Twilight Zones, but that old show seems so predictable compared to modern TV. Half the time I guess the ending before half way through the show. I think I might have seen an add that there is a new season of Black Mirror out so I might watch it.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I watched all the Black Mirror shows on Netflix last year. Now I'm watching Twilight Zones, but that old show seems so predictable compared to modern TV. Half the time I guess the ending before half way through the show. I think I might have seen an add that there is a new season of Black Mirror out so I might watch it.
Yes there is a new season 4 that was just released.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
Did anybody watch Bandersnatch?

For me, I think the nightmarish scenarios proposed in Black Mirror are closest to the terror of Paranoid Delusions. When I first watched it, I found myself getting memory flashbacks.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I haven't watched the new season or Bandersnatch yet. It was on our national news that Bandersnatch is the first streaming show that you can choose different outcomes in it. Also, Birdbox, on Netflix, was on the news several times because a record number of people watched it. People are doing some kind of Birdbox challenge where they are going around blindfolded and posting videos of it on the internet. One couple even blindfolded their toddler and the video shows him running face first into the side of a doorway. Some people do such stupid, crazy things......and we are supposedly the crazy ones, not them.

But yes, Black Mirror reminds me of delusions. The shows creep me out. I think I don't like some of them but I still watch them because I am so curious what is going to happen next.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I finally watched Black Mirror - Bandersnatch and I did not like it. It really got my paranoia and anxiety up. As I watched it I knew this show was not good for me and hit a little too close to home for me but I continued watching it because I was so curious what would happen next. But it was very fascinating how we could pick what happened next. It was sort of like we were playing a game, not just watching a movie. It was quite an experience and I think they will make more movies like this

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Instead of me felling like other people are controlling me, I was controlling what happened to him. It was quite a strange roll reversal for me to be "THEM".