Black and white thinking

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Does anyone else do it? Completely demonise some people but put others onto pedestials? is this part of BPD or what? :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Warrior

Warrior

I've never in life put anyone on a pedestial because they can easily turn :whistle:

G

Girl interupted

Yes and the hardest thing to learn is that that person is human and subject to making mistakes and feeling pain.

The hardest part for me is seeing the shades of gray in a person, and not black/white good/bad.

Iamsoconfused

Iamsoconfused

I put people on a pedestal, especially ex boyfriend's once they are out of the picture for some reason. I look back on the past relationships and really romanticize it all but when I have contacted people from the past and they didn't receive me openly, I devalued them massively, lol.

I also demonize my husband and mom like crazy, even though they are my biggest supporters. I expect them to not make mistakes or piss me off, probably more than I expect from normal people. So when they do, I turn on them. It's one of the most depressing things about having bpd :(

Warrior

Warrior

I also demonize my husband and mom like crazy, even though they are my biggest supporters. I expect them to not make mistakes or piss me off, probably more than I expect from normal people. So when they do, I turn on them. It's one of the most depressing things about having bpd
It's a known fact we always seem to turn on the ones we love more than others :hug:

M

madbeachrn

Until recently I didn't even know this was a "thing". I tend to look past everyone's outward traits and find a reason to make them better than they are. But there are a few people that I have had interactions with that I totally demonize.
I am the type that sees everyone's actions as to how they relate to me. What did I do to make them do or say something?

S

Sarabi_Gyarados

Yes, I totally see people as all-perfect or all-bad. It makes it difficult to have a real relationship with someone. I also fear I must always show myself as all good or they won't love me anymore.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4