• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bit of a morbid one

L

Lady Summer Isles

Not sure why i feel the need to post/ask this. One of the most important things in my life is music and when i had a failed attempt at suicide a few weeks ago it went through my mind that i wished i had my mp3 player with me at that moment so i could die listening to music.

The track that was in my head is called ALL OUR DAYS FROM THE ALBUM NO MORE SAD REFRAINS DISC 2 - BY THE LATE GREAT SANDY DENNY.

It's such an emotive track and makes me feel both happy and sad at the same time. The last third of the track reminds me of Romeo and Juliet and i can just imagine myself drinking a chalice of poison at that point.

I often think of what music i want to have played at my funeral.

I suppose most people have tracks that mean something to them. I'm interested in hearing other peoples faves for whatever reason.

Sorry if i've depressed anyone by this post

Take Care

Tannith

keepsafe

keepsafe

Spirit in the sky by Norman Greebaum

Q

quality factor

Love Changes Everything
Memory from Cats
Andrew Lloyd Webber.

QF.

A

Apotheosis

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/43Ho_6C_fM4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/43Ho_6C_fM4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

I often talk about this. Two definites... I Am The Resurrection by The Stone Roses and Say Hello Wave Goodbye by Soft Cell.

I had a third one but can't remember it/it chahges. Perhaps the end title music from Bugsy Malone

J

JETBOY

Scorpians

The wind of change ,,the scorpians ,,,,,,,,,,,jetboy

J

JETBOY

Not morbid ,tannith

hi tannith its not morbid to think of death ,it walks with me everyday ,as does
the visitor ,they both pick at me as i go through the dark days in my life
whispers ,telling me how worthless i am ,trying to push me over the edge
so i to plan my end and the tune that will carry me on that final journey ,
i think about the note i would leave my family ,to try and tell them why i would take such a step ,and as im held above them hovering on my dark
wings ,given to me by the dark angel deppression ,watching there tears fall onto my coffin ,it is then i turn and tell death ,that it cant have me ,as my
soul is pledged to my wife and two girls ,it screams in my face and with a final
stare into my soul it leaps into the hell it came from ,and then i turn happily
and whistle that tune in my head ,,,,TAKE ME TO THE MAGIC OF THE MOMENT IN MY GLORY NIGHT !,,,,,,,and i live to fight another day ,,JETBOY

S

*Sapphire*

I dreamed a dream from Les Miserables.

I had this song in mind many many years before Susan Boyle sang it. In fact I chose it as a song for my funeral when I was in my teens. It marked a real downward spiral in my life, and the lyrics at that time really reflected how I was feeling.

shaun3210

shaun3210

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9LUX7WTpvE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9LUX7WTpvE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I really cant put into words why this is my choice, except the lyrics fit in so well with how I feel a lot of time:) ...I just wish my instrumental backing track was so beautiful! :LOL:

W

whatstheproblem?

Good riddance(time of you're life) by greenday x

K

Kat667

Time of your life by Green day is a good one.
Mine would be The Death and Resurrection Show by Killing Joke.
That or Blasphemous Rumours by Depeche Mode.
:evil:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Depeche mode a good one - a sick sense of humour

D

DELATEXT

MUSIC

Not sure why i feel the need to post/ask this. One of the most important things in my life is music and when i had a failed attempt at suicide a few weeks ago it went through my mind that i wished i had my mp3 player with me at that moment so i could die listening to music.

The track that was in my head is called ALL OUR DAYS FROM THE ALBUM NO MORE SAD REFRAINS DISC 2 - BY THE LATE GREAT SANDY DENNY.

It's such an emotive track and makes me feel both happy and sad at the same time. The last third of the track reminds me of Romeo and Juliet and i can just imagine myself drinking a chalice of poison at that point.

I often think of what music i want to have played at my funeral.

I suppose most people have tracks that mean something to them. I'm interested in hearing other peoples faves for whatever reason.

Sorry if i've depressed anyone by this post

Take Care

Tannith
how about Nick Drake he's great, Jeff Buckley, Tom Waits, Melody Gardot, Joni Mitchell, Singer, Song Writers (y)