Birmingham Waiting Lists

K

kazy_anne

I recently had an assessment in London and was told that i am not suitable for short term therapy and they want to put me on yet another waiting list... but I'm just about to move back to Birmingham so it doesn't seem worth it ....

If I sign up to a GP in Birmingham and request a refferal for therapy.... how long i am likely to have to wait before being assigned a long term therapist? I need help now!!

Many Thanks

k

mrlaurel

mrlaurel

I recently had an assessment in London and was told that i am not suitable for short term therapy and they want to put me on yet another waiting list... but I'm just about to move back to Birmingham so it doesn't seem worth it ....

If I sign up to a GP in Birmingham and request a refferal for therapy.... how long i am likely to have to wait before being assigned a long term therapist? I need help now!!

Many Thanks

k
I guess it depends on wher ein brum you go, as I have been told waiting lists in Dudley and Sandwell have come down to around 4 months now........ I can't speak for Birmingham as such, sorry not much use am I

:(

K

kazy_anne

south birmingham b45/b30??

wow... 4months is a long time xx

mrlaurel

mrlaurel

south birmingham b45/b30??

wow... 4months is a long time xx
I waited 9 months from 2011 from GP referal to shrink then got about 18 sessions split over 9 months...

and now I'm CURED..................

K

kazy_anne

Technically... because I've moved around so much and keep getting put on new lists etc... i've been waiting over 4years already.

i did see some people briefly but it never worked out.

What was your problem and what was it that cured you?

mrlaurel

mrlaurel

-
i did see some people briefly but it never worked out.

What was your problem and what was it that cured you?
deprssion/ptsd as for being cured I don't think i ever will be, the system says when you are well enough to go without support, or when the funding runs out.

stan

speckles

speckles

Gosh that all sounds very short waiting times to me in my area long term therapy if they agree to you ( need 6 months or more) it takes between 2 and 3 years to get to the top of the list

L

luke7

Getting long term psychotherapy in Birmingham is really hard. However, I know a good organisation that several people have used called Cedar Counselling which is based near Hall Green. They provide long term psychotherapy. I had my therapist for a year who was just brilliant. I had PTSD and depression. I had to pay £10 per session.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M West Midlands 1