• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

bipolor

M

madworld

hi all does anybody find that just the sleeping meds slow them down when on the highs most of the time .thanks mw

M

madworld

plus has anyone ended up in other countries in a dream like state in a high episode having to keep on moving,running etc.

M

madworld

thanks you are all human after all and to say that we can not be sane all the time thats why we have mental heath problems thank god people have listened in which i thank :)and may be a :grouphug: at some stage

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi mad world.

I find that sleeping pills have no effect for me when high. During my last high i had to take pills called zopiclone ( a hypnotic ) and lorazapam to knock me out, they certainly helped - i was out like a light for 16 hours. I would not recomend taking these meds together, i only did as i was desperate for some sleep.

M

madworld

Hi mad world.

I find that sleeping pills have no effect for me when high. During my last high i had to take pills called zopiclone ( a hypnotic ) and lorazapam to knock me out, they certainly helped - i was out like a light for 16 hours. I would not recomend taking these meds together, i only did as i was desperate for some sleep.
hi colin kind of the same hear dont know how you feel about doing such ,but i find it sad in a way that we have to put are self at risk, anyhow thanks for your comment.mw

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Nope, no sleeping tablets touch me when I'm high :s I just have too ride it out *sighs*

ellamental

ellamental

Founding Member
my wiring is a bit wonky

nope, me neither, sleeping pills help sometimes but if my mind does not want to sleep it wont...zopiclone good though and less addictive than temazepam i ..no sleep is not fun...had a bad week and awake all night two nights ago after a good day strangely and then a very bad morning and a good friend talked me out of it all and calmed me down...the finding yourself in a different country must be so scarry...what can you do..always have a bif of an emergency kit with you?...mobile phone..money..credit card...maybe a tracker ...sounds a bit dramatic but so a friend can see your whereabouts on the net and then make contact with you so that you are safe.
How are you now? Poor you and yes we are all on here cos the wiring is a bit wrong but it is helpful to know others suffer in similar and not similar ways, take care and rest up if you can
Ella:grouphug:

M

madworld

thanks all and ellamental .well some times round about my local state iv had the police bring me back home and carm me down instead of taken me to the sole called nut house for a week or two its good job father new them as for the cards,pass port have bin taken from me even at 41 some what sad at my age but this seams to make it more interesting to me to run,and at times have bin naked in the street around my way not nice for me and every one eles but at late thank god its not bin that bad.the phycs say it's was the abuse from when i was young that makes me run.this is worrying me again as thy keep bringing this matter up at late.and at times i think iv bin given a gift from god to say i can see the big picture.things happen that iv already seen and all that. just wish i could relate to people on the same wave length.:confused::grouphug:

ellamental

ellamental

Founding Member
we all have strange thoughts and experiences

Hi Madworld
it sounds like a hard and confusing world that you are in just now and as Lozzi says..riding it out might be the only way but make sure someone knows where you are so you stay safe wont you. This might sound a bit patronising but would running...as in running with trainers and a running partner...rather than running away...be some help..perhaps thats a silly suggestion. Are you on other meds for the bipolar as weel as sleeping tabs? Does the week in the local bin of loons help or make no difference..a freind of mine said he slept like a log while he was in there. I cant imagine sleeping anywhere unless I feel totally comfortable and secure and my head is calm and thats hardly ever. I know you said you didnt like talking about what happened when you were abused but maybe talking to one counsellor or writing it in diary might help or maybe not...what do I know...my stuff is still in boxes waiting to be opened with counselling and psychotherapy soon! You take good care and don't worry about relating too much...you are doing fine here..better out than in :grouphug:

M

madworld

hi ellamental that said

ride it out ends up me in bother well it did do at the British embassy trying to get home etc with no pass port and money at time i look back at that stage as funny but not at the time,but as for the local nut house i say that as it was not run rite at all ,people's being left in the own vomit,Fess's etc and not being attend to.not humane at all .also when am in i get some one in tho the door to bring in nicker,socks,pants,fags etc to sell to the other inmates. security was early bribed with a packet of fags etc.so i end up running the place so to speak.as the people that work there just care about the people its just a job to them....running i cart do all that much as i did my ligament in my nee,yet i hav a good exercise bike that help out and my own gym.as for hear there is know group like mind etc in this area,just aa or drugs this needs to be addressed as well with the local mp or the rite people.i just i do worry at times about the boxes as you said the abuse that i cry.and try and keep away.....um anyhow time for my nite zopiclones,then i will take my lithium and fluox in the morning not nice at all sorry about my selling as its not my forte :grouphug::cool:

M

madworld

iv got into my head today to cut my meds down know GP as said this this is just off my own back just getting fed up in taken pills most of my life,anyhow i eat good ie local vegs etc but meats,fish are just from the markets no supermarket stuff as i only got my self to think about this way its best.dnt need fast foods etc as iv got all the time in time in the world ie no time restraints .i exercise most days thats good for a man at my age 40ish ,but anyhow just feel like i need some spiritual happening in my life,dnt know what as yet but you know something iv done tie chee ,karate,judo etc but wasnt for me latin dance done that but its like the same old thing depends on that am stable at that time latin dance just gets me high and all that. i just dnt know something to feed my highs and lows i need to take on board something,when i had my own business was sort of ok none stop work untill i had a brake down doing to much end up in the hospital .i could go on but.....anyhow what was i saying god knows.ya um something to get my head into ,at this moment this place as bin good to me just to put down whats in my mind its like a second home, family and such for such to be taken away what sorrow this would yield am wondering again with my head .went to a biker funeral yesterday my mums motor cycle club over 300 bikes wire their thats made me look at my life some what to say life is getting shorter and at one stage in my life i just didnt care if i lived or died i had the choice then i know the time near i dnt and them things like i should of had kids instead of partie most of the time what is man to do,iv just made my self sad ha ha just like putting a pound on the lotto 1 pound to get depressed that ivnt not won funny this is we need this money to feed are highs anyhow all take my leave and thank for listen all and i mean that from my hart whats left

M

madworld

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mioGewkWVdo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mioGewkWVdo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

from mother to sun what am i going to do

M

madworld

i dnt feel to bad to day Even ended up with the next door nabour round arch enemy.turn out she has mental health problems ie depression as she was teacher anyhow iv told this lady about this forum and that helps me at times,anyhow need to get a cow as she sups to much tea :tea:

M

madworld

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytRekLUX3GE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytRekLUX3GE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

M

madworld

to the high way

[YOUTUBE<object width="425" height="344ih wayg"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHqUipinDyw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHqUipinDyw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>][/YOUTUBE]to the high way