• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bipolar wrecks so many lives

F

forever

Hi I am not a sufferer of BP but I have had clinical depression in th e past so I can partially understand. My stepdaughter is a major sufferer and her life has been ruined by her mental health problems. She has been in and out of hospital for 20 years and just survives..on the edge constantly. I know that she has to survive each day with no end. I admire the strength she has for this. Her self esteem is awful and I understand why. Life has to go on for her and her family, she just drags on the edge. I cannot believe anyone can go through life with such a heavy burden. So for anyone whos reading this, There are lots of people out there who do not judge people with Mental health issues, they just want to love you and be there for you...whatever and whenever ....that is the only thing anyone can do to help...be there in the background with the love and understanding that you cannot save someone from this and they cannot save themselves......

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the Forum forever. Very wise words.

Nick.

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

hopfully they will find a cure for it in the future,some magic pill that will make it just go over night forever :)

F

forever

lets all hope

we have to hold on to that, maybe tomorrow.......the sun will shine

bluenomore

bluenomore

:welcome: to the forum, forever.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hi I am not a sufferer of BP but I have had clinical depression in th e past so I can partially understand. My stepdaughter is a major sufferer and her life has been ruined by her mental health problems. She has been in and out of hospital for 20 years and just survives..on the edge constantly. I know that she has to survive each day with no end. I admire the strength she has for this. Her self esteem is awful and I understand why. Life has to go on for her and her family, she just drags on the edge. I cannot believe anyone can go through life with such a heavy burden. So for anyone whos reading this, There are lots of people out there who do not judge people with Mental health issues, they just want to love you and be there for you...whatever and whenever ....that is the only thing anyone can do to help...be there in the background with the love and understanding that you cannot save someone from this and they cannot save themselves......
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Firstly I have to say I find your sweeping statement a tad to negative for me. I'm sorry that Bipolar has wrecked your daughters life however it hasn't wrecked mine and I dont intend to let it!

There are indeed many famous and sucessful people both past and present from all walks of life who have suffered from Bipolar disorder and they haven't let it stop them achieving their goals I certainly dont intend to let it stop me either. It is part of who I am and I will learn to control it as oppossed to letting it control me.

I hope your daughter is currently well.

F

forever

everyone is different

All mental health illness is different for everyone and each persons ability to cope with it is different. My stepdaughter is unfortunate to be a very severe case and I am not suggesting that everyone is the same. In that.... everyones life is different and some people cope with life on a different level.
I cannot imagine what life can be like for her when she has spent more than half her life in hospital...100s of doses of ect ..every medication going tried and failed, a suicide attempt leaving her with a severe physical disability. I cannot list the worse parts.... for her being recognised. So before anyone else throws critism at my comments remember that there are some families who have to sit and watch the agonies every day, and you can all sit and write your little bits and pieces and not even begin to understand how we cope . I hope that no one else ever has to suffer in this way. As for the NHS in all this they are the only rock to which we all cling they could not have done more. Lets all hope they find that magic cure........

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

All mental health illness is different for everyone and each persons ability to cope with it is different. My stepdaughter is unfortunate to be a very severe case and I am not suggesting that everyone is the same. In that.... everyones life is different and some people cope with life on a different level.
I cannot imagine what life can be like for her when she has spent more than half her life in hospital...100s of doses of ect ..every medication going tried and failed, a suicide attempt leaving her with a severe physical disability. I cannot list the worse parts.... for her being recognised. So before anyone else throws critism at my comments remember that there are some families who have to sit and watch the agonies every day, and you can all sit and write your little bits and pieces and not even begin to understand how we cope . I hope that no one else ever has to suffer in this way. As for the NHS in all this they are the only rock to which we all cling they could not have done more. Lets all hope they find that magic cure........
I wasn't criticizing you I just didn't like the title of this thread as it is a negative generalization that's all. When people get into that mind frame of "oh i'm never going to get better" it does more harm than good in my opinion!

As I said regards to your daughter:)

Last edited:
A

Apotheosis

with the love and understanding that you cannot save someone from this and they cannot save themselves......
People can & do recover from even the most severe of mental illness.

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

i think the cure for all mental health problems is out there right now,we just got to find it,one day we will beable to take the magic pill & it will fix & repair any problems thats gone wrong within are brain,maybe not in my life time,what a shame :(

PLEASE HURRY

S

*Sapphire*

i think the cure for all mental health problems is out there right now,we just got to find it,one day we will beable to take the magic pill & it will fix & repair any problems thats gone wrong within are brain,maybe not in my life time,what a shame :(

PLEASE HURRY

I also hold your belief that the 'cure' is out there however I don't think the cure always has to come in the form of a pill.

Any other form of treatment would require a huge investment of resources, time, money and people. Sadly the NHS and other health authorities would rather invest in a short-term, cost effective quick fix, which I don't believe is the answer. :(

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

i think the world needs to get its prioritys in order,mental health should be numer 1, i am not just saying that because i am ill,if all that are sick become well the whole world would tick over alot easyer,we are using up money on aload of crap that we do not need

short term, cost effective, quick fixes, will end up costing more money in the end why can they not see that FOOLS I HATE YOU

S

*Sapphire*

i think the world needs to get its prioritys in order,mental health should be numer 1, i am not just saying that because i am ill,if all that are sick become well the whole world would tick over alot easyer,we are using up money on aload of crap that we do not need

short term, cost effective, quick fixes, will end up costing more money in the end why can they not see that FOOLS I HATE YOU
Yep I have to agree. I actually compared the future costs to the NHS if I repeated the patterns and treatment I have received in the last ten years, for the next ten years, against the cost of treatment that I think could really help me and fully recover. Lets say the future cost far exceeded the treatment by tens of thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands.

And of course if I was really well I could probably be spending my time working full time in a higher paid job and contributing more in taxes.

I just wish that they just gave me the money the NHS have spent on treating me instead, so I could pay for the treatment I really want, then go on a massive holiday! Which will probably do me far more good!

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

yer me to sapphire, all i wont is to become well & get myself into work & pay my taxes like a normal person,forget about pumping shit into me & turning me into a zombie,i am not much use to the world like this silly :p