• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bipolar relationship possible?

B

Biopolar1

Hi Everyone, I am recently separated from a marriage where we had done nothing together in quit some time.

I met a woman, that I like a great deal, and she is bipolar (she told me as much Recently). I don’t know if there are varying degrees, I don’t think hers is severe, but she does talk meds. She Definitely has big mood swings ( lethargic, then mania) and drinks a good amount, but over the 3 months she has not done some of the wilder things that I have read on the web (acussing me of this/ that, violence fits etc..). She is thoughtful, educated, good listener... we have great conversations And fit the “ best friend” test of a relationship well.

The concern, When we met, she came on to me, hard. Shockingly so, and the sex has been great. we are now long distance, and she sends risky photos, ones that should not really get sent. when I read up on bipolar Recently, I talked about “ hypersexuality“. that explained a lot, so I’m trying to determine of a bipolar person can be trusted, and have a relationship. Is it even possible?

any constructive input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

welcome x
it is definitely possible to have a good and healthy relationship with somebody who suffers from bipolar
my bf has bipolar and i have bpd
we communicate and love and respect each other and we are so happy together
i wish you well in your relationship x love Lu x

B

Biopolar1

welcome x
it is definitely possible to have a good and healthy relationship with somebody who suffers from bipolar
my bf has bipolar and i have bpd
we communicate and love and respect each other and we are so happy together
i wish you well in your relationship x love Lu x
Thank you Lu. Is the key taking the medication? My GF is not today, just got off call, and it was rather annoying ( no focus, manic).

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

It is possible but it can also be used as a crutch and excuse for improper behavior. But People with mental illness can still have loving relationships with work. Acceptance of their condition can help. I understand your concern with the risky pictures. Ask her about it. And maybe she’ll open up.