• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

BiPolar Relationship Help. Please.

C

ConorB94

I've been with my partner now for about 8 months, she is diagnosed with type 1 Bi-Polar and is really struggling with it.
I am currently serving in the Royal Navy and spend as you would imagine quite a lot of time away only seeing her on weekends as we live in different places.

I love her completely. But the relationship is very hard for the both of us. She is in a city she has recently just moved to with no friends and her family now have moved to Belgium.
She is for all intensive purpose alone when I am not there. So she really struggles to motivate herself and do very simple things.

When I am away as I am this second as I write this, she is going through what has got to be the worst depression period since I've know her. I am practically useless away but can't help but feel horrible with the dark messages I receive about what is going through her mind. I'm unable to communicate her with advice as she can't listen in her mind frame. So we are trapped in the balance were I work a lot of the day and my time off as limited as it is, then spent dealing with the problems of the day her end, I in turn don't spend time for myself.

I am aware I sound like the worst person in a mental health forum. I just would like advice or help in what to do or how to make things better for her? It is dark days indeed, I would just ask for some help please.

Many Thanks
C

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You sound like a very decent person to me. Must be very hard for you.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Rapid cycling bipolar 1 fiance victim of 10 year relationship with covert narcissist People 2
M Should I keep up my long-distance relationship with a suicidal bipolar person (whom I no longer love)? People 3
M Need advice! Relationship with girl who has BPD and bipolar disorder. Long post. People 4
H Worried about friend - Bipolar, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression People 1
T bipolar mother-in-law... I feel so lonely, please help People 13
Poopy Doll Outed as bipolar on public forum People 2
L My bf's ex has bipolar, please help... People 4
B Trust Issues with Relationship and Friendship People 33
Sylphrena Relationship problems People 3
W Still Afraid A bit To Try And Meet People Anywhere And Have A Relationship With In Any Form People 11
B Gf wants to be alone and no longer in our relationship. People 3
Sunshine13 Relationship Separation Anxiety People 1
V Is my relationship making me depressed? People 3
P I'm gay boy and I've been in relationship with bi man for over 3 years but constantly i live in this prison of not doing anything together People 4
E My relationship People 15
E Relationship on Break People 10
F Need help with a relationship. People 30
T Need relationship advice People 4
H Relationship hopes for rest of my life are actually zero !!! People 7
Poison_Ivy1997 New relationship, having trust issues People 1
W Difficult to continue relationship (inc. ghosting) with Dad People 2
W Don’t know how to fix personal problems in relationship People 3
MotherLion Finding the strength to move on from bad relationship People 3
F Relationship patterns, intimate and non intimate, why? People 2
D Paranoia in relationship People 1
U Relationship ended because partner needs to be alone People 1
S Toxic relationship People 2
A I can't cope with my relationship People 2
H What do you want out of a relationship? People 31
V Struggling to cope with end of relationship People 1
S Relationship advice.... im an anxious wreck People 4
S Unable to start a relationship People 1
H fixing relationship People 1
H relationship with my supporter!!! People 1
D Girlfriend's anxiety is putting stress and demands on our relationship. What is the right thing to do? People 3
H I think my relationship with foreign girlfriend is falling out. I need advice to save it. Please!! People 1
B Rebuilding trust in a broken relationship. People 4
B Ive never been in a relationship People 16
M Have I ruined my relationship or is he playing with my emotions. People 4
T I don't think I'm relationship material People 2
D Relationship with family member is making me ill People 8
ThinkingCat sexless relationship People 10
P my childhood and how its affected my relationship with parents People 9
cpuusage Relationship Stages With A Narcissist Or Borderline And Triangulation People 4
X I'm an adult man and I want to live with my parents and have an intimate relationship with them instead of dating. Does anyone else here feel this way People 39
H Paranoid in my relationship? People 1
H How do I progress in my great relationship without pushing away my overly affectionate boyfriend? People 1
C I feel like I'm never going to be able to have any kind of relationship again... People 2
K Depression in new relationship People 10
Funnyday Relationship wanted People 1