• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Bipolar questions

Luke001

Luke001

I am diagnosed with OCD. I have been attending therapy before, and it helped. I'm currently taking fluoxetine 20mg before sleep.

I usually sleep around 8 hours plus and feel rested, but after having breakfast and being awake for an hour or so, I start to feel sleepy.

Most days I have no mental energy or motivation to tackle anything, especially my hobbies / interests, unless I really force myself.

It feels like my mind is clouded, it's hard to focus and concentrate on anything for extensive period of time. My mind is always jumping around from one thing to another.

I often get really irritated by everything, mostly by people around me, even though they have't done anything bad.

And there are days when I wake up feeling energised and motivated. I can finish many tasks for that day and focus on studying, but that happens rarely.

From what you have read, does this seem more like Bipolar or ADD? Maybe even something else.

1. How can I get a diagnosis?

Thank you.

JessisMe

JessisMe

We are not able to make a diagnosis here but it sounds like what you are describing could be a reaction to the medication, depression or bipolar depression. I would go back to the provider who prescribed you the Flouxetine you are on and describe these symptoms to them. They may be able to provide you with a diagnosis or refer you to someone who can. I hope this is helpful! xo, j

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Bipolar Forum 1
GuitarKidd Bipolar Forum 7
B Bipolar Forum 11
C Bipolar Forum 4
G Bipolar Forum 3