• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Bipolar I losing it again!

Hunanchicken

Hunanchicken

Here it comes again. I am stressed, angry, crying and feel hopeless and lonely with no place to turn. All I want to do is take sleeping pills and wake up months from now. I was an independent career woman with lots of friends and hobbies. I needed a double knee replacement. I had the first one done and it was a total failed knee replacement. I could no longer work. It took 8 years and 10 doctors to fix the knee. 2 subsequent surgeries followed and a procedure to burn the nerves out of it happened just last Monday. It was left with severe nerve damage and in more pain than than the left knee which is finally being replaced in 2 weeks. It's been an 8 year journey. I was forced to retire from my career, move out of state for financial reasons away from my life long friends and live on disability insurance. My life they way I knew it has ceased to exist and I am truly struggling. I live on hydrocodone and oxycodone for pain. I am 60, single and without children and it has been very difficult to meet new friends. I am a member of 2 clubs, but everyone packs up and goes home to their spouses, children and grandchildren afterwards. I read almost two books a week. I look at the meetup groups but I am unable to bowl, play pickle ball, antique, hike, etc. I am spiraling down the tubes and could use some true understanding. I used the be full of life, with a lot of friends, with a career, with many opportunities.... now I sit alone in my condo with my cat. Days like today, I just can't bear it. I am on medication, in therapy and under the care of a psychiatrist for years now. Any pearls of advice? Unfortunately, I am not spiritual. Thank you.

A

auser

If it was safe, then someone you trust could visit you, and give you company. Have you posted on sites like Nextdoor.com ? Also, I got great advice on how to deal with my psychiatric problems if you subscribe to the right channels on Quora. With the advice I got from there and with my medication, my depression was lifted. It's really that good.

Hunanchicken

Hunanchicken

I know, the pandemic really does not help. I have looked on Nextdoor and everytime I'm on it I see something or hear about something disturbing. Last week was a photo of dead dog in a cage dumped at a local park! This week was a story on a decomposing body found at a local park. I hate to be such a downer but, I just can't unsee these things in my mind. I also had to stop looking a Tik Tok for the same reason. Two horrible Tik Toks flashed before my eyes before I could shut them down. I will ruminate on those terrible images. I vowed to never go on those sites again. I was once on Quora, but the constant emails I got back from them was relentless. I shut them down. I must be doing something wrong. I'll check them out again and the channels that you speak of. I appreciate your advise. Do you find this forum helpful?