• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bipolar help

J

Jadus89

Hi all I've been recently diagnosed with eupd and bipolar and ADHD as you can imagine a bit of a shock I've been experiencing psychosis as just came to speak to people in the same situation

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello I have Bipolar with psychotic features happy to chat.

J

Jadus89

Hey nice to meet you :) how do you cope the psychosis part of it i hear things that tell me no to believe people I trust there out to hurt me etc....doesn't happen alpt but when it does its hard ...alot of my so called friends don't want to know me now I feel isolated and lonely tbh how do you cope

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Jadus, I mostly experience psychotic delusions when I am manic. I will think that all of my friends are celebrities, that all of my friends are rich and famous or that houseplants, shampoo bottles and other everyday household objects represent people i know and I have to treat them accordingly. So the forms our psychosis takes are different. Me I don’t really have any friends. I live with my parents who are both very supportive of me. I am able to cope with the assistance of their strong support. xo, j

J

Jadus89

:rolleyes:
Hi Jadus, I mostly experience psychotic delusions when I am manic. I will think that all of my friends are celebrities, that all of my friends are rich and famous or that houseplants, shampoo bottles and other everyday household objects represent people i know and I have to treat them accordingly. So the forms our psychosis takes are different. Me I don’t really have any friends. I live with my parents who are both very supportive of me. I am able to cope with the assistance of their strong support. xo, j
I normally experience them when im manic and depressed...I talk to myself alot and make my self into different characters and part of those characters family's mainly from the TV ..I get paranoid that my mom and step dad have put something in drink or tampered with my bike breaks on my bicycle ..I see things that aren't really like faces all distorted hobits etc...I have had to more home my mom is sorta supportive stepdad not so much

JessisMe

JessisMe

:rolleyes:

I normally experience them when im manic and depressed...I talk to myself alot and make my self into different characters and part of those characters family's mainly from the TV ..I get paranoid that my mom and step dad have put something in drink or tampered with my bike breaks on my bicycle ..I see things that aren't really like faces all distorted hobits etc...I have had to more home my mom is sorta supportive stepdad not so much
Yeah it is definitely bizarre having these experiences. Do you recognize them as delusions when you are having them or only later? I am 44 living with my parents and have lived here with them for about five years. j

Wishbone

Wishbone

Hi Jadus. I'm interested in how you personally feel the three diagnoses listed there effect you. Can you pinpoint which parts of your illness belong to which diagnosis or do they seem to all bleed into one form for you?

Also, did you get diagnosed with them all at the same time or in stages over time?

Welcome!

J

Jadus89

Yeah it is definitely bizarre having these experiences. Do you recognize them as delusions when you are having them or only later? I am 44 living with my parents and have lived here with them for about five years. j
I only recognise them as delusions after I go through it. Its nice to talk to someone :) haven't got anyone really and moving back home hasn't helped

JessisMe

JessisMe

I only recognise them as delusions after I go through it. Its nice to talk to someone :) haven't got anyone really and moving back home hasn't helped
Me too, then once I come too it feels very surreal and bizarre. It’s a little scary to tell the truth. Yeah I find coming here to be a big relief with things. People understand here and accept you for how you are. xo, j

J

Jadus89

Me too, then once I come too it feels very surreal and bizarre. It’s a little scary to tell the truth. Yeah I find coming here to be a big relief with things. People understand here and accept you for how you are. xo, j
Yeah I found it really bizarre to and then when I try to explain things to people they find it really weird like tonight I feel like I'm being pushed away my mom suffers with depression and stuff and sometimes doesn't like to be touched or even just a hug I just wanted or some kind of affection instead I got sly remarks and sort of sarcastic remarks or stuff that made me feel bad and my stepdad doesn't understand never really has understood the mental health makes me feel 10 centimetres tall sometimes

JessisMe

JessisMe

Yeah I found it really bizarre to and then when I try to explain things to people they find it really weird like tonight I feel like I'm being pushed away my mom suffers with depression and stuff and sometimes doesn't like to be touched or even just a hug I just wanted or some kind of affection instead I got sly remarks and sort of sarcastic remarks or stuff that made me feel bad and my stepdad doesn't understand never really has understood the mental health makes me feel 10 centimetres tall sometimes
That sucks that your family is not more supportive or understanding. I’m glad you found this place where people care and truly understand.

J

Jadus89

That sucks that your family is not more supportive or understanding. I’m glad you found this place where people care and truly understand.
Yeah it hurts i can't talk to them like i should be able to and now I ain't got my mates either on my own with my thoughts and voices feels lonely

JessisMe

JessisMe

Yeah it hurts i can't talk to them like i should be able to and now I ain't got my mates either on my own with my thoughts and voices feels lonely
Thats awful it seems so unfair. I feel lonely a lot too. xo, j

J

Jadus89

Thats awful it seems so unfair. I feel lonely a lot too. xo, j
It's not a nice feeling specially when you have got a lot going on in your head and you start to think what's the point maybe it would be better if I wasn't here no one would seem to miss me as no one bothers with me now

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m sure people would miss you a lot if you were gone sometimes people just take other people for granted. Especially in families I think that’s true. xo