Bipolar compulsive shopping and hoarding

J

jules23958

Is there anyone out there who cant get motivated to get their house in order. I am bipolar have gone through bankruptcy now an Iva and still can’t stop myself spending. My house is getting beyond liveable and it’s really getting to the point where Ibreally can’t cope any more?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,i don't know anything about your issues sorry but just wanted to welcome you to the forum
and send you lots of love
i hope others can help
Lu x

H

hongli

I don't think I have had the same kind of experiences unfortunately :/

I do have a tendency to not clean up my own place and not throw anything away though haha. It's difficult to convince your body to do something that it doesn't want to do. Maybe someone you are close to can help you clean it up?

Welcome to the forum :)

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Is there anyone out there who cant get motivated to get their house in order. I am bipolar have gone through bankruptcy now an Iva and still can’t stop myself spending. My house is getting beyond liveable and it’s really getting to the point where Ibreally can’t cope any more?
If you're serious about wanting to change, there are counselors who specialize in compulsive shopping and hoarding. You may have to find something else that gives you the high that you are currently getting by obtaining material things. Perhaps a hobby like photography, gardening or yoga. Pick one and start doing it INSTEAD.

What are you getting from the material things you buy ?? Is there a trauma you are covering up with the material things ?? A little self analysis goes a long way.

Last edited:
Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

By the way, I don't believe compulsive buying and hoarding is necessarily a bipolar issue; that it stems from the bipolar energy shifts. I think it runs deeper and the bipolar just gives you more manic energy to do the thing you learned to do environmentally. If you think of it as a foreign illness that comes upon you from brain chemistry, I don't think you will be able to master it.

Last edited: