Bipolar and weed

Y

Youngfez

I currently suffer with bipolar although my symptoms are at bay I’m told by mr psychiastrist my medication being taken regulary(I’m on sodium valproate 1500 and haloperidol 10 mg ) mood stabliser and antipsychotic I’m wondering if I come off my meds and smoke weed will I become unwell again as relatives are telling me if I ween my self of the meds when the drs think it’s right I’ll be able to have a smoke again obviously not in excess but sometimes this has got me apprehensive however other relatives are warning me to stay clear but I’m already dabbling with weed and have done since my teens I only stopped when I was 19-21 I am now 22 and have been in hospital multiple times but I feel this is due to people I consider close to me telling me the meds are bad for you etc and me taking it on board but now my stance has changed and I feel like the meds are helping me but I still want to come off them and experiment with smoking weed will that ever be possible ? And I also struggle to cope with out it as my family members particapate in smoking weed freely as I have moved to my fathers house up north this has got me more involved in smoking as before it wasn’t so in my face I just want to know the facts about smoking weed after you’ve come off medication

dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

sounds like you need to find out for yourself.

go get stoned... enjoy it

you are going to do it anyway.

bipolar is more than drugs and medication.

if you have the support and the strength to adjust and re-adjust?

...and to stay alive whatever happens...

you are going to do it anyway right?

I wish you all the best... I am twice your age and did all that.

just don't be afraid to ask for help ok?

dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

honeybadger is right.

it's never right to put such un-necessary pressure on your already compromised mind.

I am not dis-missing your personal intelligence.

I was with many many smokers for many years.

I always said...(to nobody who was ever listening)...way to stoned.

if you are a deep thinker?... which I suspect you are... then?

the weed is a waste of time it will only damage your already beautiful brain and wonderful heart.

so let it go...I wish I did...

please forgive me for encouraging you