• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bipolar and fibromyalgia

D

danniegirl

Hi..
Haven't posted here in a while...

I have bipolar, on medication (quetiapine/seroquel and lithium) and have been stable for a good 8 months now........well now my mood is dropping
I've been denying my mental health liason person, hoping it'll get me discharged. My appetite has diminished.

Or is it that...

I recently had tests because of pain, fatigue, cold sensitivity....blabla.. The drs did a full mot check, thought it was my thyroid..which it wasn't...so now I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

I have a two year old daughter and a husband. He is somewhat understanding of the bipolar but he doesn't or hasn't taken in this new diagnosis and doesn't seem to understand why I'm just as tired (if not more) when I wake up in the morning....sometimes I fall back to sleep on the sofa or will need a nap in the afternoon.. He doesn't get it, don't think he's looked into it...

I've been put on Gabapentin, I think that's supposed to help fibromyalgia pain.

I don't know what I'm expecting from posting this..:sorry:nod2::

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It's really difficult to have mental health issues alone, but fibromyalgia is incredibly challenging too.
Perhaps you could spend some time together after your little one has gone to bed, and maybe read the NHS page on Fibromyalgia?

Hopefully with this diagnosis it helps a bit to know that you've got an explanation for your physical symptoms?

D

danniegirl

My gp printed off the info...and it was left on the coffee table for a while, he thinking he might read it.
I'm reading up on it a lot atm...

I just hope it's medicated soon as I want to start training as a hairdresser in August
X

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

My gp printed off the info...and it was left on the coffee table for a while, he thinking he might read it.
I'm reading up on it a lot atm...

I just hope it's medicated soon as I want to start training as a hairdresser in August
X
Ah I hope you can get sorted out soon too. That's a really good goal to work towards. :)