• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

bipolar and eating..?

B

Brianna

Ok so before I had my daughter i was a restictor(of my calories) , but when I was pregnant I went crazy and I gained 73lbs ( I was really low in the beging of my pregnancy , had to get off all my meds except xanax i just lowered my dose) And now I am back on meds , lost about half the weight I put on but I just can't seem to get back to watching what I eat ! It makes me so depressed my body was one of the things I was proud of now I feel like I have nothing ( except my little one and my hubby) I just want my body back but I don't have the courage to get to the gym and when the baby stresses me out I go to the fridge:( any advice or thoughts?

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
my health centre does mother and baby classes you could see whats on in your area, it would be a great weight lifting exercise with the baby and you would both enjoy it.
KP

D

Dollit

i walk a lot - everywhere and find that I've lost a lot of weight and have fantastic legs! It's hard to exercise with a small baby - finding the time is difficult. Perhaps mother and baby swimming?