• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bipolar and attacks

M

Michtrent

I feel like I'm the only one out there that has sudden attacks of agitation, crying, pacing and sweating. I've been dx with bipolar and no Meds are working. I'm now back on Prozac only but since I went off lithium, my symptoms are getting worse. I feel like I'm going crazy and I fear my husband will leave me bc he doesn't know how to help me

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Michtrent and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you're going through such a bad time of it. I'm sure your husband will support you through this regardless of whether he feels he can help or not.

Are you only on Prozac now, or are you taking other meds too? When I was put on Prozac years ago it sent me loopy! Do you see a psychiatrist regularly? What other meds have you tried?

Sorry for the questions. Just trying to get a better picture of what you're going and have been through.

S

Suziblue

Hi Mitchtrent, I totally understand as that's the same thing that's been happening to me for months! I've never been on lithium as newly diagnosed and had been treated with Prozac by my GP which made me exceedingly manic and I nearly drove my husband insane! My husband found that by reading up about bipolar he could understand more but that only happened in the last few days!! I too was worried he'd leave me but instead he's driving me even more units by hovering, I'm trying to see this as a sign of affection rather than fear for my safety!! I'm About to go onto lamotrigine tomorrow hoping that that will make things better. I'm sorry you feel so bad and I hope you find something to make you feel better soon xx

B

blueorange

I feel like I'm the only one out there that has sudden attacks of agitation, crying, pacing and sweating. I've been dx with bipolar and no Meds are working. I'm now back on Prozac only but since I went off lithium, my symptoms are getting worse. I feel like I'm going crazy and I fear my husband will leave me bc he doesn't know how to help me
Hi Michtrent,

Same here:( I wonder where this "normal" mood is. I supposed to have a normal mood between the episodes.