• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bipolar 1, early warning signs after having a baby.

H

hipchick

Hi everyone.

Long story short. I was need free for about three years.

I just had a baby almost three months ago. I started having my early warning signs, got to the point that I couldn't make a simple decision got assessed and am back on meds again. Baby is bottle feeding now.

I'm glad I knew about my early warning signs, but feel like I don't have anyone to talk to regarding this issue. So thought I would come to the forum.

GeordieTyne

GeordieTyne

I don’t have a baby but glad you saw your triggers and got help

H

hipchick

I don’t have a baby but glad you saw your triggers and got help
Thank you. It's quite humbling to admit that I need help. I used to deny the fact that once having bipolar you have it for your life time, but I now know that one does have it and it's just a matter of time before another episode hits. Obviously my triggers are after having children because this is not the first time this has happened

GeordieTyne

GeordieTyne

Ahh right. Yeah to say I need help is a big step. You did it though. Go chicky. All I can say is keep plodding onwards!

L

leesh80

Hi everyone.

Long story short. I was need free for about three years.

I just had a baby almost three months ago. I started having my early warning signs, got to the point that I couldn't make a simple decision got assessed and am back on meds again. Baby is bottle feeding now.

I'm glad I knew about my early warning signs, but feel like I don't have anyone to talk to regarding this issue. So thought I would come to the forum.
I have children and I'm glad that you've taken the steps to see feel and understand that something was wrong. if there is anything I can help you with please feel free to send a message I will gladly be that helping ear.