• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bio Dynamic Psychotherapy - any suggestions gratefully received

T

Tray

Hi,

I've been in therapy for 12years+ and whilst I know it is working as the pain I've lived with for near on all of my life is leaving my body that I now have days when I don't feel any I have had some very intense trauma cycles over the last few months, a couple of which have really frightened me and I was scared I would hurt myself and not even realised I'd done something until it was too late. My therapist is brilliant but I don't have friends who I can share my experience with and to give me support which when the intensity of the emotions kick in I really need. My therapist tells me this is the worst part of the process that I'm going through and it will pass and things will get better which in my head I can see as my life has improved over the years, it's just taken much longer than I anticipated it would and right now I'm scared I will let myself down. Has anyone been through this process themselves? Have you any advice on how to help myself through this or know of any support groups to go to with people who are understanding to this process, I can't seem to find any and my therapist doesn't know of any to refer me to.
I don't want to have to hide my pain from people but I find myself unable to even acknowledge I'm having a bad day to some people as I don't want to lose the connection I have with them which is a good experience which i obviously also need so if i could find some people who are accepting and understanding of the process who I could meet with from time to time I think that would help take the pressure off, especially as it changes from day to day and sometimes within the day itself.
If anyone does have any ideas/suggestions I would be really grateful.
Thank you

A

Apotheosis

Hi Tray - & Welcome to the Forum.

Which area are you in? Are you in the UK?

Have you tired MIND & Rethink?

T

Tray

Thanks for your message, i'm in London England. For some reason I never even thought of mind I shall try them and re think, thank you, they may know somewhere. my mind doesn't work so well sometimes

feel like i'm going round in circles sometimes and not moving forwards but i think that's just a feeling rather than reality.

want to cry today but doesn't seem to be able to come. thanks for the links to the websites, they were interesting and I found a book that may be useful. we'll see.

thanks again
Tray

A

Apotheosis

Hi Tray.

I am in Bournemouth; & the local Rethink Groups here have been very good, & I have met some people through them.

There is the Philidelphia Association who run in London, & who support a recovery model - they also run day service type stuff.

http://www.philadelphia-association.co.uk/

On-line forums have been helpful for finding some like minded people. But I am also grateful to know a few people in my life that I can chat things over with. It is important, I think, to have such contact.

Depending on which area of London you are in - then I am sure that there are places to go to meet people who have been, or are going through similar. Good luck.