• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

binge, lax, repeat

pinkmxttr

pinkmxttr

i’m pinkmxttr, and i’m a binge eater. i have been purging almost everyday via evacuants for i think over a year... it feels obviously awful, both to eat and to purge. at some point, the evacuants were making me actually throw up. i spend a lot of time in the fetal position. i guess i am here to find people who understand, as i feel very enabled by the people around me.. and i don’t want to be enabled. i want to get better and feel better. unfortunately, i can post to more than one forum here, but ultimately eating is what triggers a lot of guilt for me in my life right now. any words of kindness or insight are welcome. thank you for having me.

i should mention i usually take two a day a day but i’ve taken more in one day..and i don’t really know how it’ll go if i try to quit but it is something i am willing to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zoe1

hi pinkmxttr :welcome: !

I hope you find it helpful here , I have some deep seated
problems going on too

some of which have now gone

:grouphug:🧡:goodluck:🎼:)🌻

S

sab1978

Are you working with a professional at all? You are not alone...lots of us have been where you are and gotten better ❤

P

Purpleplum

It will be ok if you quit them. You're just losing water with them (and valuable electrolytes)
Try to lessen the amount you take slowly if it feels more comfortable. You will feel better when you do and the cycle you're caught in will be over.
You will still need to work on the mental part...Getting confidence, strength and self esteem.

O

OliviaAustralia

hey pinkmxttr I just want to send you some love. You're not alone in your struggles. I've been where you are and its really bloody hard. Its great that you're looking to help yourself.
Are you working with a professional? Getting professional help is what saved me. There are coping devices that they can teach you.
If getting professional help isn't an option for whatever reason, coming on here and talking to us while you taper off the evacuants is a really good start.
All the best to you.

K

kat12

Hey
I struggled with binging for a really long time, so I know how mentally and physically draining it is to be stuck in this kind of cycle. For me, it was definitely a case of slowly trying to take my focus off of food and onto other things. Try and set yourself small, achievable goals, like for eg. meeting up with friends one evening for a meal, then brush your teeth when you get home and avoid the kitchen so you go to sleep without b/ping. When you have the urge to binge, try and have a shower, go for a nap, have a large amount of fruit cut into small pieces to pick on, watch a film, Facetime a friend. Something I wish I'd done was let a friend know what I was going through so that when I had an urge to binge I could tell them and they could be there to talk, because I know how lonely it feels, and it could maybe bring you back to "reality".
Just remember you are not alone, so many people have this and it's totally possible to recover, I'm an example!
Sending love x

Jussy1972

Jussy1972

i’m pinkmxttr, and i’m a binge eater. i have been purging almost everyday via evacuants for i think over a year... it feels obviously awful, both to eat and to purge. at some point, the evacuants were making me actually throw up. i spend a lot of time in the fetal position. i guess i am here to find people who understand, as i feel very enabled by the people around me.. and i don’t want to be enabled. i want to get better and feel better. unfortunately, i can post to more than one forum here, but ultimately eating is what triggers a lot of guilt for me in my life right now. any words of kindness or insight are welcome. thank you for having me.

i should mention i usually take two a day a day but i’ve taken more in one day..and i don’t really know how it’ll go if i try to quit but it is something i am willing to try.
Stop the laxative abuse it won't change vyour weight you are dehidrated laxative not alternative to starvation

Jussy1972

Jussy1972

Hey
I struggled with binging for a really long time, so I know how mentally and physically draining it is to be stuck in this kind of cycle. For me, it was definitely a case of slowly trying to take my focus off of food and onto other things. Try and set yourself small, achievable goals, like for eg. meeting up with friends one evening for a meal, then brush your teeth when you get home and avoid the kitchen so you go to sleep without b/ping. When you have the urge to binge, try and have a shower, go for a nap, have a large amount of fruit cut into small pieces to pick on, watch a film, Facetime a friend. Something I wish I'd done was let a friend know what I was going through so that when I had an urge to binge I could tell them and they could be there to talk, because I know how lonely it feels, and it could maybe bring you back to "reality".
Just remember you are not alone, so many people have this and it's totally possible to recover, I'm an example!
Sending love x
I love what you wrote and to me that's wonderful

Jussy1972

Jussy1972

I love what you wrote and to me that's wonderful
I am 47 years old in my day being anorexia was the done thing just w8sh thinking you're invincible at 18leaves a lifetime of pain

M

Mirove9397

hey i need a buddy too if you ever need to talk