• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Binge Eating Bulimics First Ask for Help

T

tinydancer

Hi There,

I have been a binge eating bulimic for over 4 years now, I can't stop! During the day I am fine, night time hits (i work long hours & this is the only time I'm alone) and when my boyfriend is away at work, I binge eat everything in sight till I feel ill, then I purge every last bit up, followed by the feeling of disgust & saying that will be the last time.

On the weekend, and after a few drinks - I finally told my secret to one person whom I trust & knew wouldn't judge, he has encouraged me to seek help & this is my first step. He has also said whenever I feel the urge to call him to break the habit, even if its just for a chat. I am so thankful for my friends support - as I havent felt comfortable telling anyone, not even my boyfriend of 6 years.
I use to weigh less than I do now so atm I feel so gross - i feel disgusting & I am constantly bloated & get tummy aches/sore throat from all the purging.

Can anyone give me advice on how they broke the habit & what can help me stop. I know I'm doing damage to my body & I just want to rid myself of this awful thing that I feel is controlling my life.

Help :(

Last edited by a moderator:
prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi there, tinydancer! Welcome to the forum!:welcome:

Well done for opening up about your eating disorder. That is a very hard thing to do. I struggle with binge eating, restricting, and over-exercising. I don't recommend that as a way to deal with bingeing. I am currently in therapy. In order to deal with your eating disorder you need to get at why you are bingeing in the first place and figure out what your triggers are, and therapy can be very helpful with this. I think the next step for you would be to talk to your doctor and find out what what kinds of therapy options are available to you. Also, I hope you will feel free to keep posting and receiving support here on the forum.

xxx

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
If you could see your gp you may be able to get therapy on the NHS or you could get private therapy, of which there are therapists that specialize in eating disorders.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I I can't stop binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 2
Katesqui333 My mum triggers my binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 3
L Binge eating disorder Eating Disorders Forum 6
A Binge eating struggles/ experience~ in need of support im tired of this Eating Disorders Forum 3
I my binge eating disorder Eating Disorders Forum 5
dabearwiffdasammich Just broke my binge/emotional eating streak and I feel angry and sad with myself. Eating Disorders Forum 16
L Binge eating and bulimia help Eating Disorders Forum 7
Q Binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 1
S Binge Eating disorder and gastric band Eating Disorders Forum 11
izzybizzy struggling with a potential binge-eating disorder Eating Disorders Forum 7
tonysawicki Binge eating triggered by sexual harassment Eating Disorders Forum 3
F Binge eating/emotional eating Eating Disorders Forum 27
F Comfort/Binge eating... Eating Disorders Forum 2
D Binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 7
K Binge eating some great help Eating Disorders Forum 1
K Binge eating no triggers ?? Therapy Eating Disorders Forum 6
B New diagnosis of Binge Eating Disorder Eating Disorders Forum 4
H Binge Eating and son Eating Disorders Forum 10
P Binge eating disorder: I need to feel like I'm not alone Eating Disorders Forum 15
P Binge Eating Disorder - My roommates hate me Eating Disorders Forum 2
I Binge Eating Eating Disorders Forum 9
R BED (binge eating disorder) or just pure gluttony? Eating Disorders Forum 9
T Shame and embarrassment around Binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 3
S I think I suffer with binge eating disorder Eating Disorders Forum 1
M I may have a binge eating disorder? Eating Disorders Forum 2
B Binge eating and guilt Eating Disorders Forum 9
C New to thread- help with binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 5
H 40 years of binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 2
J Binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 13
D People's experience of binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 5
P Wife has left me after anorexia and binge eating disorders Eating Disorders Forum 6
G Feeling sick again.and I don't care enough to stop binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 22
BorderlineDownunder Binge Eating Disorder Eating Disorders Forum 3
RainbowHeartz Binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 4
B Binge eating confession (very long and detailed, post, sorry) Eating Disorders Forum 2
RainbowHeartz anorexia to bulimia to binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 4
L Escape binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 3
fairydisaster Confused, binge eating disorder or plain greed? Eating Disorders Forum 5
H Gf binge eating...advice please Eating Disorders Forum 11
J Anorexia to bulimia to binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 3
RainbowHeartz bulimic binge eating weird crap i hate Eating Disorders Forum 7
pkeegs I've been binge eating lately... Eating Disorders Forum 2
A binge eating at night? Eating Disorders Forum 7
SomersetScorpio Binge Eating - Desperate for advice and support!! Eating Disorders Forum 1
amathus Binge Eating Disorder Eating Disorders Forum 1
FixMe26 Binge eating or Bulimia? Eating Disorders Forum 7
A Out of control Binge Eating! Help? Eating Disorders Forum 5
S I can't stop binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 2
E Can't stop binge-eating when I'm hungry! What to do? Eating Disorders Forum 3
Grimezxz Binge eating period after restricting for a long time? Eating Disorders Forum 3