• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Binge Drinking & Narcotics.

S

Sarey

Hey everyone.

So, at roughly 13 years of age(I'm now 17), I began Binge Drinking.
My last Binge Drinking Episode was late last year, I am recovering & I am struggling with this, but nevertheless, I am recovering. :clap:

At the start of 2009, I was prescribed Narcotics(for my medical condition), and after a while, I began to get hooked to the effects.

I'm now on Tramadol & I'm attempting to ease myself off of them(they don't do much for pain relief, so it's useless being on them), but I am having a lot of trouble doing so, as I keep taking more than I'm supposed to for the effects.

Nevertheless, I will keep trying. :)

Anyway, this is my experience with Substance Abuse, & I'm here if anyone wants to chat.

Take care.

A

Affective

Hey everyone.

So, at roughly 13 years of age(I'm now 17), I began Binge Drinking.
My last Binge Drinking Episode was late last year, I am recovering & I am struggling with this, but nevertheless, I am recovering. :clap:

At the start of 2009, I was prescribed Narcotics(for my medical condition), and after a while, I began to get hooked to the effects.

I'm now on Tramadol & I'm attempting to ease myself off of them(they don't do much for pain relief, so it's useless being on them), but I am having a lot of trouble doing so, as I keep taking more than I'm supposed to for the effects.

Nevertheless, I will keep trying. :)

Anyway, this is my experience with Substance Abuse, & I'm here if anyone wants to chat.

Take care.
Hey Sarey,
how did you manage to get off the drink? I drank a bit lately but I haven't for two days now :)

S

Sarey

Well, it was very hard, of course, it would be, but I fought for my health(I suffer from M.E), and I fought for my close friend who is like a Dad to me.

I still have temptations, and since I'm turning 18 this year, it's going to be a lot harder to resist, but you need to find something to fight for, if not yourself, someone else, something else, anything that will give you determination.

But, in the end, you do need to try and fight for you too.

That will slowly come in recovery, you'll eventually fight for yourself too, but to get started, if you can't fight for yourself right now, fight for someone/something else.

:)

A

Affective

Well, it was very hard, of course, it would be, but I fought for my health(I suffer from M.E), and I fought for my close friend who is like a Dad to me.

I still have temptations, and since I'm turning 18 this year, it's going to be a lot harder to resist, but you need to find something to fight for, if not yourself, someone else, something else, anything that will give you determination.

But, in the end, you do need to try and fight for you too.

That will slowly come in recovery, you'll eventually fight for yourself too, but to get started, if you can't fight for yourself right now, fight for someone/something else.

:)
Thank you for your reply :)
I'll keep your advice in hand next time I go to have a drink.

Last edited:
C

Chase

what got me off drinking was that every time id drink id black out and be an absolute ***t. not remember anything. and id end up feeling terrible when id was told what id done. that and it cost an arm and a leg. these days i dont drink cause it would give me dutch courage enough to kill myself and i dont want to die.

S

Sarey

Good for you Chase.

Affective, you're very welcome.
If you ever want to chat, need support, etc, PM me.

A

Affective

Good for you Chase.

Affective, you're very welcome.
If you ever want to chat, need support, etc, PM me.
Thank you :) Same to you.

S

Sarey

Thank you too. :)