Biggest breakthrough I've ever experienced with the voices I hear!!!

N

NissanGTRR35

Hi Folks,

I've been hearing voices now for about 8 years and like many people my experience of voices is that they have been very threatening and negative with lots of threats to either hurt me / kill me or someone in my family or damage something of mine, car house etc.

With voices constantly saying such things then I have been thinking about them negatively and doing my best to try and ignore them etc. I do not take any medication for them due to reading so many reports that it does in so many cases make people worse and doesn't actually remove the voices either.

Anyway, just a few weeks ago I thought to myself, maybe I'm not looking at these voices correctly. I thought about the threats they make, like for example to kill me or my family, none of the thousands over the last 8 years have ever been done either by the way. Those threats in itself are quite obviously very negative! (Negative Energy). However, the fact I'm still here is quite simply one of two things. Either the voices don't have the ability to kill me / carry the threat out (Which is my opinion) or after making the threat they then have let me off (which is the voices opinion obviously because they wouldn't want to admit not being able to do anything).

So sticking with the opinion of the voices being able to carry out the threats (Which they insist) then letting someone off is a positive thing to do (Positive Energy) and forgiveness is actually loving energy. I pointed this out to the voices and thanked them for their positivity and love (Especially for all 8 years now). The fact a threat was made however they haven't carried the threat out is because they have seen the error or their ways and let me off / forgive me. Well everyone makes mistakes and so because they have forgive me then I forgive them also fully and that means the threat actually ends up in a happy positive ending. You obviously need to genuinely forgive the voices also otherwise you end up with still having a bad / negative feeling towards the voices which is no good for you.

They weren't very happy with my observation at first however because it can't be argued with and they won't admit to not being able to do the threats because then that gives all their "potential" power away due to self admitting they can't do anything and make them look even more silly to make new threats after admitting they can't do anything!They did for a moment try to argue and say that making threats is negative and letting someone off threat is also negative to which I just laughed and even one of the more intelligent of the voices told the voice trying to argue that point that they were making themselves look silly.

So to look at the whole situation and analyse the whole scenario of being threatened to let off then the outcome is actually positive and loving from them even though it starts in the form of negative threats. So it just goes to show if you take a different view of the same situation, try to stand back and analyse it as if you were an outsider looking in then not only has it changed my belief to the voices have been positive from the start but also now like I say the threats have dropped 95% and the occasional threat that does get said I thank them in advance for their positivity. I generally get the reply that "No, we're really going to kill you tonight" to which I reply that "if they are going to let me off this "Really" kill me tonight" then when I'm still here tomorrow it must mean that they love me unconditionally! By thanking them at the time of the threat for their positivity and love it's easier to deal with I think otherwise the next day I'd have to try and remember to thank them for the let off / forgiveness! If they really insist it's definitely going to happen then I say their love for me must be greater and the more they protest they will carry out their threat then the let off / forgiveness which follows must also be that much greater. Kinda dig a hole for themselves there.

Happily over the following days each time I was threatened - for example the voices say they were going to kill me, I actually asked when? which normally gets an answer of tonight when sleeping etc. I then said "well in advance then if I'm still here tomorrow then it must and can only mean they've let me off / forgave me which is a positive thing for them to do" and thanked them in advance for their positivity.

Occasionally I would get the reply that they've just delayed killing me by a day but it was still going to happen. I pointed out the positivity of this because whatever way you look at it then it's positive to give me one more day rather than of carried out their threat the night before. I'd again at that point thank them for the positive let off / forgiveness they were also going to give me later that night by letting me off again.

Well, within days the number of threats I received dropped by 95% and because threats was the large part of their conversation then likewise the chattering in my head has dropped considerably! It's actually funny sometimes now when I hear one voice about to threaten me then another one jumps in and tells them not to threaten me because it will just end up with me not scared and thanking them for their positivity when the threat never happens.

I wanted to share this success story and maybe at least hope that anyone reading this may take a minute to review their own situation with their voices. If like me your voices have been negative and threatening and just like mine nothing ever happened then maybe consider how you perceive the voices. Mine clearly wanted to be seen as bad / negative and make me scared / frightened and now I'm pointing out they have a positive loving side and every threat that comes my way I will interpret it as positive and loving because I know for sure it isn't going to happen and send positive loving energy back to them.

I'm going to wrap this up here. However if anyone else has ever came to a similar conclusion, had a similar success etc or got any comments then please reply.

Wishing everyone success with dealing with their voices. Be strong, be positive, point out the obvious if need be and never fear them.

Best Wishes
Phil

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Your post was an inspiration to me. I also used to have very negative voices all the time, but somehow when I read the books Hearing Voices: A Common Human Experience, and Living With Voices, I developed a whole new way of thinking about the voices and they gradually became more positive than negative. Now, I sometimes hear negative voices but usually only when I am very stressed out or things are going badly. Most of the time they are positive or neutral now.

N

NissanGTRR35

Thanks for your compliment and comments and I’m very glad you have turned the negative to positives, well done to you also!

Took me ages to write the post however even if it only ends up helping someone a very small amount by maybe giving ideas then it was worth every second!

I’ve been at the start like most people where I was pretty much frightened of my own shadow because of the threats. Would love to now be able to help those that are currently going through what I was!

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Hi and welcome to the MHF! Hopeful helping.

See positivity pays off.

Being positive is a strategy that works.

Real or imaginery, you beat the voices threats and live by being positive.

You didn't let the negative impacts of the voices kill you by letting your guard down and killing yourself.

You proved the voices wrong.

The voices cannot touch you. The voices can tempt you, but they cannot make you do anything you don't want to do; unless you let the voices get the best of you. You didn't.

The voices gave up and you didn't. Shoot the voices had no choice but to. Those voices are BS lies that makes you become dreadfully unstable untill you learn how to overcome pressure.

Just like love conquers all so does positiveness.

I'm proud of your recovering.

Continue to stay optimistic even when the pessimist is in the midst.

GL GB BS!

N

NissanGTRR35

Hi Rookieatbest,

Thanks for you very kind words. I also agree 100% with what you have said!

Luckily for us we know the voices can’t hurt you in anyway no matter what they are. As you correctly say their only way is to try and convince you that you are worthless and no good to get you to go and hurt / kill yourself. Thankfully I was luckily to know that from early in to the voices so I didn’t ever scare of their millions of threats and none ever happened. Likewise the only things they ever spoke if it wasn’t a threat was something to try and make me feel bad about myself so that also became obvious very quickly!

Anyway thanks again for your post and have an amazing weekend!

albie

albie

My voices are more destructive than yours. They know how to drive me mad.

N

NissanGTRR35

Hi Albie , thanks for your reply to the post.

Without knowing one another’s voice history it’s not easy to make a judgement on who’s we’re the most destructive etc.

I’ve also had some very rough times over the last 8 years with constant threats, lies and negativity both towards me, my family and my property. None of which ever happened by the way!

What has just worked for me isn’t going to help everyone I know, however I wanted to share a success story and hope that it could possibly help someone.

Would you like to explain more about your voices being so destructive? Then myself or other readers might be able to make some suggestions.

Best wishes
Phil