• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bicycle Maintenance Project

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Hi, just an enquiry really to see if any Birmingham members would like to join a bicycle maintenance group based in Great Barr, two days 10 hours a week maximum. This course offers lessons in cycle repair/maintenance and caters for people with MH problems and/or learning difficulties. Friendly people, I'm the classroom assistant :) You will have to sign up with college but benefits are not affected. So if you fancy a change, would like to meet new people and get your hands dirty let me know for further details.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Thanks for letting us know about this MadHatter - wish you best of luck with it and hope it goes well.

Nick.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Would just like to add here that it was through attending this project 10 years ago that got me going on the road to recovery and employment and comparative wellness.

E

Extra

Interested

Hiya
I have a friend that might be interested, if you are still running the project.
Otherwise, perhaps you could put me in touch with any similar volunteer based bike maintenance projects in Birmingham.
Thanks

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Hi thanks for getting in touch. The project is going from strength to strength. Can you contact me via my own personal email - [email protected] with either your or your friends contact telephone number and I will gladly give you/them a call with all the details.