• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bi-polar

K

Katie84

Hi, i have just got back from the hospital and i have been disgnosed with bi-polar, now i feel funny my family dont seem to care, OH is to busy working to even talk to me on the phone and i feel so alone, at first i was happy that i knew what was wrong with me but now i just want to cry.

Doctor has given me Quetiapine tablets to start taking tonight, she said they will make me sleep woohoo finally might get some unbroken sleep :) they are only 100mg but she wants me on 300mg next week and then increase me to the max, which in the leaflet is 800mg!

Has anyone used these tablets on here?

Sorry my post doesnt really make any sense i am kinda stuck in the middle now and dont know what to do.

M

mad as a hatter

i remember when i got told i had bipolor and well takes a bit time 2 get ur head round it so give ur self time find out as much as u can about it there is plently info on the web about it i haven,t been on them tablets so i can,t tell u ne thing about them sorry but i,m sure somebody else will tho take care and keep posting on here

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I was also on them for bi polar but when i got to the max dose i started getting headaches and asked to come off it. Otherwise i had no probs on them. You may be a bit drowsy to begin with but as soon as they get in your system that will go away.

One thing i found they really did help with tho was the nightmares i siffer with. While i was on quetiapine i hardly had any and slept a lot better.

Hope it all goes well for you

K

Katie84

Glad im not the only one having nightmares, its horrible i wake up crying sometimes, i dream murdering someone and in my dream i am enjoying it, when i wake up i am disgusted with myself.

K

Katie84

Day one and im struggling to function OH is coming home from work early as i cant even look after the dogs, cant move, struggling to speak but at least my mood is ok lol

P

PowerRunRest!

Everything works itself out back on to an even keel. With TIME!

I have recently had phsycosis/mania. They say there are things associated with Bi-polar, but the doctors don't want to put a name to it.
What happens is I zoom around manicly at 300 miles per hour and exhaust myself physically and mentally. I run everywhere, cycle and go out alot! I dont sleep very much either.
So this means I get very emotional. So when people ask me to do simple things and I need lots of stimulation (lots of different things going on)
I also think I'm in the MI6 and have been told by them to get rid of all the people who are evil or cursed! So I get help by bringing Powerful Secret People from Scotland, Ireland and Wales! I am now sane and laugh about what I thought and heard. I find what I have gone through very fascinating.
Don't worry. Lots of people are diagnosed with mental illnesses. Lets face it Life is tough these days. People like us need to except we need more time to relax and wind down.

guggy

guggy

When I was diagnosed I had problems accepting the diagnosis. Doctors don't seem to care either way, it's not their life after all, and they are very used to see psychotic people and more or less ignore them. I started to learn about bipolar afterwards and whenever I have questions I ask them in the follow up meetings with my psychiatrist.

K

Katie84

My physciatrist isnt too bad, but she did say she was going to sort out treatment along with medication, since i have been on waiting list for CBT since march this year, the CBT nurse in my doctors has been signed off work since then. I am coping with medication she put it up to 200mg and side effects are not too bad, my mood seems to be calming down but i do get frustrated easily and find simple things to do very hard.