Bi polar

S

Sammyshamrock14

I am the mom of a 21 year old daughter . From age 4 they diagnosed her with ADD. She has been on several meds since diagnosis . In the last few years I’ve noted several changes in my girls behaviour . She is suffering . Everyday is a challenge . Met with the general dr yesterday . Talked with him
And her in the room about what’s been happening . He had referred her for a tele conference assessment and sent referal to community mental health . What can we expect from such assessments ?
He also told me that in my community of 8500 there are 2 psychiatrists both of whom aren’t taking new patients . I’m appalled . Where do we turn ? Any help suggestions are greatly appreciated .

F

Friendship

Hi.

Earlier I was severe bi polar. I was treated with cypadera with a good result. I now for a long time have not had any mood swings of significance. I would trust the doctor...after all they have an education in this. I guess I have an idea of not having to go into long term therapy, but instead medicate it away. At least one can lead a good life on medication, and do the therapy as self-reflexion.

Yours Kenneth

S

Sammyshamrock14

Thank you Kenneth . We will continue to forge ahead and hope for good results

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TomBP1 Bipolar Forum 12
TomBP1 Bipolar Forum 0
V Bipolar Forum 6
A Bipolar Forum 12
B Bipolar Forum 8