• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bi polar success stories.

H

Happy bill

I thought it would be nice to have a place to post your successes. BP doesn’t always have to be doom and gloom.

I’ve had my challenges with BP and am still working on several aspects of the disease. However I have had one great success.

Due to my suffering from BP and doing stupid things (cheating) I got divorced in 2013. After three years of being apart where I got great care and even better medications, I was able to reconnect with my ex and we eventually remarried.

After 3 years of marriage we are happier then we have ever been.

It’s been the highlight of my life living with BP. Now that I know what is going on I have a fighting chance to keep my life stable.

Hopefully this will help some people. I prefer a life of positivity so I tend to post happy stuff.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your story.

GaryC123

GaryC123

A couple of years ago I thought I was going to be a bipolar success story. I went off my medication, thinking I was cured and would never have delusions and horrible visions again. I ended up in the psychiatric hospital thinking some kind of zombie apocalypse was happening with all kinds of weirdness going on in my head. They put me back on medication. Bipolar (or whatever it is I have) is a life sentence. There is no cure. But I'm fortunate to live in a first-world country with a decent health care system, surrounded by mostly compassionate people who care. I feel like if I lived in a third-world country my peers would probably be throwing rocks at me or burning me at the stake or something.