• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bi-Polar \ Schizophrenic OR Waking Up?

E

ettiene.dyer

Sean Blackwell, had experienced psychosis a number of years ago and was diagnosed Bi-Polar, but instead of getting into the system, on drugs and on the dole, he had support from friends and family members that turned his psych crisis into a transformation.

He is now a published author, famous YouTube Documentarian, and healer. His work centers around resolution of psychosis and the underlying traumas and themes.

I have had the opportunity to email back and forth with him while he was essentially globe trotting to various locations to do his healing work. Now instead of doing that he has a retreat in Brazil, where people from all around the world come to resolve their trauma and related psychosis.

These are some of the links to his work and YouTube Channel and an introduction to the techniques he uses.

The Basis For Treatment

His YouTube Channel

His Website

His Book

D

Deliah

I love this guy, he's got great humour. I feel it's the same for all of us having less usual experiences, for me voice hearing and less usual states. I have incredible insight and I have spoken with many Buddhists, but what has become apparent to me is that the things they spend many hours practicing and reading about, have come to me a insight, shown to me visually or told me by my voices. I see my experience as a gift. I spoke with a Buddhist teacher a couple of weeks ago, about my latest insight, she said that this was something that was taught when people had been studying Buddhism for many years, but it came to me without the teaching. My mind just offered it. I obviously have no idea how it is for folk who have a less unusual experience, but I truly wonder if us lot may have something else available to us which most people don't. You do your guys think? D x

E

ettiene.dyer

Deliah;

I have found many of my supposedly psychotic experiences, when reviewed Buddhists, Hindu, Pagan, or Shamanic practitioners fall in line with what either they teach or states of consciousness they work to achieve. For many of us, we naturally achieve these insights or states of conscious, but when we are alone and without REAL help, it can turn into a spiritual emergency or psych crisis and things can get way out of hand. If we get in system they label our experiences as Hallucinations or delusions and load us up on drugs. Of course those that consider our experience as evidence of a diseased brain, have no real pathology or lab work to prove this, all they have ever had is philosophical bent towards a Newtonian world view and materialism, and of course they have a societal mandate to socially control the mases. They are no better than bible thumpers that use similiar divide, judge and conquer method.

D

Deliah

Thanks Ettiene, I would say that they just don't have the awareness to see things any differently. I have had such incredible things revealed to me. I have also gone down many delusional paths, but I recognise the difference now between delusion and wisdom and am able to notice very quickly when I have tripped down a delusional pathway instead of continuing on it. We can't change what other people do, only what we do. Welcome to the forum, I'm enjoying what you bring. Happy Easter D xxxxxx

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Thanks for the links, Ettiene.

I used to go to a day centre years ago, and a lady from the charity Mind, came to give a talk. I remember her saying she didn't believe in 'mental illness', but in altered states of consciousness and altered states of being. I found this quite inspirational, and very refreshing after all the carry on with psychiatry and meds.

There's more than one approach to all this; more than a tired medical model, with its 'disease entity' obsession can provide. We can successfully manage our own affairs, and manage our own health :)

D

Deliah

Oh yes Per Ardua, We most certainly can! Hope you are having a wonderful day. love D xxxxx

Kerome

Kerome

I spoke with a Buddhist teacher a couple of weeks ago, about my latest insight, she said that this was something that was taught when people had been studying Buddhism for many years, but it came to me without the teaching. My mind just offered it. I obviously have no idea how it is for folk who have a less unusual experience, but I truly wonder if us lot may have something else available to us which most people don't.
It's funny that you should say this. I've experienced a great range of states, many positive, some negative, and have had a similar insight, that some things come really easily to me, as if the barriers have been lowered. For instance, a number of ecstatic states, beings bringing me gifts of energy lately, all kinds. And I also seem to be responding at some deep level to Tibetan Buddhist chants.

But I have also come off the rails with some of these explorations, developed sudden and really severe tinnitus and some strange tactile sensations. I've had to learn a few tricks to reset things. I still feel a bit like a bull in a chinashop, blundering about without real vision, and only marginal progress.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Oh yes Per Ardua, We most certainly can! Hope you are having a wonderful day. love D xxxxx
Hi Deliah :)

Yep, my day was pretty good thanks, and I think today will be too. I'm going for a walk with my Dad, then to my folks for a bit - and the Sun is shining already.

I hope you are well, and that you have a great day too :) :)