• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

bi polar or not? now on quetiapne and confused.

A

am i sane

Hi, I've been seeing a psychiatrist for two years with symptoms of depression, anxiety, paranoia and highs with extreme spending which have led to me facing bancruptcy.

Today he referred me to a social worker and said he can't work out if my highs are from a rash personality and impulsivness or a high from bi polar, I'm getting very frustrated now especially as I'm on a downer.

Past meds have included depakote and abilify and today I've been put on quetiapine but I havnt got them yet so don't know the dosage, on the bottom of the letter I saw he had written ' diagnosed with mood disorder' is this a condition by itself or not I'm confused.

A

am i sane

Well 31 views and not one word of advice or encouragement!

Thought this was a forum for help? How disheartening to feel ignored, that will teach me to share things on a forum.

Cheers. :cry:

megirl

megirl

I think the term mood disorder is like a term for many mental health conditions that affect the mood itself such as bipolar. It is really frustrating being down thats where I am at at the mo also. I hope your meds kick in soon.

W

warriorprincess

hey am i sane don't feel down on it, a lot of the time i see posts then come back to them when i'm able to think of a decent reply.... will be on here later and hope to have more to say to help you, i am going through similar right now. Have you been diagnosed bipolar? that shrink sounds a bit incompetent maybe you should have a second opinion that's what i'm waiting for right now? it may be you're in the wrong branch of help, i don't think a social worker is gona be helping with your mental health . later, promise x