• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bi polar disorder

J

Jacsprat

Hi I'm jac and was diagnosed with bi polar disorder in 1987. I have gained a huge amount of weight on olanzapine and looking for an alternative. Anyone else in this situation?

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

Hi Jac,

Welcome to the forum! I gained weight in Risperidone and have switched to Lamictal so far no weight gain. I'm sure others can chime in on other medications they've tried.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Jacsprat welcome to the forum :welcome:

Although I'm not familiar with olanzapine I've gained weight with medication (mainly Cipralex and Wellbutrin) I've taken in the past but when I switched to Lamictal my weight stabilized and I've lost nearly 70 pounds in the last three years.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Hello! New and struggling with a unmotivated relative with bi-polar & depression. Introduce Yourself 16
D Long long long long term eating disorder Introduce Yourself 1
A delusional disorder plus depression Introduce Yourself 4
A Topic: Delusional disorder of jealousy Introduce Yourself 11
S Angry Sleeping Disorder From Severe Sexual Abuse.... Introduce Yourself 3
T My experience with derealization disorder Introduce Yourself 4
B New schizoaffective disorder Lamictal Introduce Yourself 6
C Living with an eating disorder, apathy, recurring depressive episodes and - most recent - absolute aversion towards sex due to newly acquired trauma Introduce Yourself 3
T New here. Dealing with an eating disorder Introduce Yourself 4
shy guy Major depressive disorder Introduce Yourself 5
R Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Introduce Yourself 5
P Emotionally unstable personality disorder Introduce Yourself 4
A All-of-the-Above Disorder Introduce Yourself 6
K I am New. I have had Major depress Disorder and anxiety for 15 years.I am on lots or of med and need people to talk to who understand. Introduce Yourself 5
J Hi.brand new to this.i have just been diagnosed with clclothymic disorder.any advice on this would be more than grateful.thanks. Introduce Yourself 6
R Have bipolar 1 disorder for 30 years Introduce Yourself 3
T spitting foods eating disorder Introduce Yourself 4
J Hello, im looking to chat with people with conversion disorder Introduce Yourself 2
W (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) & Health Anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
D Anxiety/Panic disorder/ADD and ... vertigo? Introduce Yourself 4
L Hi I've joined as I struggle with anxiety and depression. I'm also supporting my 18yr daughter with an eating disorder. She's in denial. Introduce Yourself 6
A What disorder do I have? Introduce Yourself 3
B Hi i'm a borderline personality disorder sufferer and have felt stigmatised most of my life Introduce Yourself 14
H Reverse seasonal affective disorder Introduce Yourself 6
9 Panic disorder, anxiety and agoraphobia Introduce Yourself 6
A Hi, I'm new. Any mums on here who have an adult child with borderline personality disorder? Introduce Yourself 3
L Hi, I have social anxiety and bipolar disorder Introduce Yourself 1