• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Beyond the Silence

Enpi

Enpi

Hi
To get straight to the point, I've stopped talking since last night. I don't really know the reason myself. I forgot to take my medicines yesterday and by the end of the day I was a total...I don't know what to call it! My mum and my brother in law were arguing too. It wasn't a serious fight or anything but their voices distressed me anyway. I was in my own room, curled up on the bed with my hands on my ears. I bit my arm which bled a little and when my sister and her husband and children left (because they don't know about my illness) I started on the punch bag. I punched non-stop for about ten minutes and then I fell on the sofa, breathing heavily and sweating like hell. Then I stopped talking! My mum asked me what was wrong but I only looked at her. It might be some sort of attention seeking; I'm not sure. But I don't think it is. Years ago I read a book called 'Beyond the Silence' which was about a teenage girl who didn't talk. That may have been where I got the idea. I had even asked myself 'What would happen if I stopped talking?' but I had never considered it seriously and last night all of a sudden I just didn't want to talk! I don't know how long I want to (or how long I CAN) carry on like this. Has anyone had any experience of the sort? :unsure::(

keepsafe

keepsafe

I internalise things which sometimes ends up with me not talking, but it is about those particular things. There have been periods in my life where talking has seemed pointless.

I think you need to talk to someone about your problems though.

I am just starting and I cannot share things with anyone close just the professionals, but if I had a loving family and I was different too - I would have loved to be able to talk to them. I know things are difficult and talking isn;t easy but I don;t think not talking at all is a way foward.

Take Care
KS