• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Better ways to describe our moods

N

nattyone

The whole depressed v manic thing doesn't seem to cover it all, it does in medical terms but it's not a usefull enough distinction for me .

I watched a lecture online by a guy called jay carter his site is called bipolar light . I'd like to hear your views on what he has to say . I found his concepts interesting. . It's a 90 minute lecture and I need to watch it again and take notes because I am still unclear on somethings.

One thing he mentioned was the difference between chronic fatigue an depression . The difference being that with depression there is no hope and no desire to do anything and yet with fatigue you want to do stuff but can't.

He also said something about anxiety and agitation , that in most cases what we percieve as anxiety could in fact be agitation which is a bipolar state.

So would anyone else like to have a crack at defining there moods in a way that isn't just manic or depressed ?

I'm off to watch the lecture again to see what else I can glean from it. .

angrydad

angrydad

Interesting

Could you post a link to the lecture? It sounds interesting.

Just Googled the name and have found it!

Last edited:
angrydad

angrydad

Just been on the bipolar lite website and watched the video. It was really interesting and there were many occasions when I said "that's just like me" or "I do that"

Lots of interesting ideas and concepts so I hope others watch the video and we can then discuss it in the forums.

Fantastic link though nattyone, well done