• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

betrayed

N

nattyone

i am so angry i am shaking.

a couple weeks ago i shut my facebook account because i felt like i was being spied on. i opened a new one just so i could write random thoughts of the day, just had my best freind on it.

then this morning my b/f tells me hes read it all . i am so pissed off that he hacked my facebook account .

im beyond livid and i dont know what to do , i feel like im going to spin out of control thru rage .

i feel like he has completly betrayed me .

I

itstrue

I`m no doctor and I myself am at a very emotional phase of my life because of break-up. However, in my opinion he could feel equally betrayed because you had a secret facebook account he didnt know about. A similar incident hapenned to me when I forgot my gmail logged in at her place and she read all my chat logs, things I discussed with a very goood friend but kept secret from her. Was it wrong of her to read my private logs? Yes. Was it wrong from me to keep secrets from my girlfriend and discuss it with a friend? Definately. If in a relationship you dont keep your cards open then both parties can feel betrayed. That`s my opinion.

At the end of the day, if love is mutual none of you should let your ego ruin it. I did that. You shake now. I`ve been shaking for 3 months. I know it`s hard to stand on top of your ego, but if you agree with me that both of you were wrong and he agrees as well when you communicate this with him, then you can work with a positive mind to fix the situation.

I hope everything gets better and you feel better soon =)

N

nattyone

but he knew it existed , he asked to join i said no so he didnt respect my wishes and went right ahead and read it anyway.

he has a lock on his phone his computer and his ipod all his computer stuff is protected by 12 digit passwords . i have no access to anything of his .

i dont know what goes on but i trusted him . now hes gone and done this , well ..... im still raging.

I

itstrue

Then I can clearly see where you are coming from and I don`t blame you for anything that you posted. Trust is a necessary ingredient for a relationship to succeed. If you had none in the first place, before he betrayed you, then you kinda expected this and maybe shouldn`t feel so angered. I`m not suggesting that everything should be open for the other person to see anytime anyday, but if the need for privacy gets to a point where it doesn`t generate trust then the relationship is bound to expire.

Btw like I said above, I`m giving you some personal opinions of mine just to make you think, but there is no way I can judge things better than you. I don`t know your situation and I`m not an expert. I`m just a hurt person such as yourself trying to make conversation.

N

nattyone

i dont know what to do
he has everything in his life completly private , i have nothing. right now i hate him.

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

i understand why you are feeling like this :) its not fair on you.

what's good for one is good for the another tell him.

he has things private,so you should have private things too,thats fair.

how did he know your password ?,was email sent to him ?

N

nattyone

he didnt know my password or the email addy that the account was set up under so he must have deliberatly gone out of his way to find a way to get into it

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

are you sure he is not just saying he has read it,he might be fooling you ?

he maybe running keylogging software on the pc so he can record keystrokes

did you remember to sign out after ?

N

nattyone

he quoted my posts .no i dont sign out i only access it from my ipod .

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

well i am sure you will find out how he read it soon,just try not to get yourself too worked up about it,it is no good for your health

take care :)

iffybob

iffybob

Sorry

OK first you belive this person betrayed your trust .... but ...

... rule one of the internet ...

"Never , ever write/post anything on the internet that you would not care if the whole world knew"

It does not matter what security a site claims to have ...

... sorry .. boB ... :unsure:

N

nattyone

Yeah I guess I should go back to being a mute.
He's blaming it on a facebook bug now that my wall posts appeared on his wall , I might believe it if he hadn't spent this morning conversation bragging about how clever he was and how easy it was for him to see everything I write.

Oh yes and he's upset I don't trust him . Because he would absolutely never spy on me Yeah right.

iffybob

iffybob

I dont suggest you be a mute .... I would never do that .. you have a valid point .. he betrayed your trust ... possibly jsut cos he could ... and that is not good ..

.. you want to speek out do so ... just be more careful what you place on the internet in future ...

.. take care .. boB .. :flowers: