• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Beta blocker

R

Randa

I talked to a gp on dr on demand. He told me how to come off of klonopin slowly. Since I wasn’t on a high dose he said I was doing fine. Down to 1/4 pill a night. Do that for 3 wks then
take one every other night for a few days & decrease. Said if I have seizures go to er. I think I will be ok
The psychiatrist had told me to go to the gp in his practice so he could read her notes. Dr on Demand says not to do that. Find new gp.
So I got some answers

I

Inie

I felt like I should’ve tapered to 1/4 of a pill but I stopped at 1/2 a pill every 3 days for two weeks then stopped. Withdrawals were a bit tough but got over them. I think yr taper sounds better.

P

prsn

Any one else taking a beta blocker for their panic attacks.?
Hi Inie, Well done for getting of the benzos that stuff is hard to kick. The good news is beta blockers are nothing like that I am not a Doctor but I believe they are used primarily to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). Treating panic disorder with them has become popular as they stop your heart from racing but not by altering anything in your brain or mind but more by changing chemicals in the body. They are not to my knowledge addictive and do not cause any side effects if you come of them (to my knowledge) They just stop the heart from going over a certain number beats per minute which is helpful if a racing heart is a symptom of somebodys panic disorder ... hope this helps and once again well done for kicking the benzos.

I

Inie

Thanks. I’m talking to my psychologist first on Wednesday. I need to understand. I wish I could trust psychiatrists It is hard for me to trust them. Thanks for answering the question👍🏻
Hi Randa. Any luck with the psychologist?