• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Beta blocker

I

Inie

Any one else taking a beta blocker for their panic attacks.?

I

Inie

Me too. I had to substitute my Klonopin for it. Im taking only 10mg but got switched to the extended release 60mg but I’m afraid to take. What yr dosage?

PetitPois

PetitPois

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Me too. I had to substitute my Klonopin for it. Im taking only 10mg but got switched to the extended release 60mg but I’m afraid to take. What yr dosage?
20mg three times a day. So 60mg daily. I have no issues on this dose. I haven't had the extended release though so can't help with that, but it is the same dosage as what I take :)

L

lifecangetbetter

I took benzos long term and let me tell you that stuff is not good. I'm trying to taper it. It makes you weird.. zombiefied. Just warning ya

I

Inie

Took my last benzo goin on 3 weeks now. You are absolutely right about them. Tapering was tough but it best thing you can do.

I

Inie

I took benzos long term and let me tell you that stuff is not good. I'm trying to taper it. It makes you weird.. zombiefied. Just warning ya
Took my last benzo goin on 3 weeks now. You are absolutely right about them. Tapering was tough but it is best thing you can do.

L

lifecangetbetter

So you're not on the clonazepam? What tapering regimen did your doctor use? I'm trying to do a self taper, wondering if I should try the valium tapering method

I

Inie

20mg three times a day. So 60mg daily. I have no issues on this dose. I haven't had the extended release though so can't help with that, but it is the same dosage as what I take :)
It really helps with withdrawals. I’m on a baby dose and it’s still effective.

I

Inie

So you're not on the clonazepam? What tapering regimen did your doctor use? I'm trying to do a self taper, wondering if I should try the valium tapering method
Not anymore. I had to take Olanzapine nightly and Propranolol daily to help taper. Dont want to be on the Olanz. very long just to get me through the process. My last dose on the Klonopin or Clonazepam was .25mg I would skip a day then two and three and then stopped completely. Valium was not recommended by my dr. although I brought it up. I have had close calls in wanting to pop one but I fought through it.

R

Randa

Does tapering cause the pounding heart to come back? Or does that mean that my anxiety issue has not been resolved? Going to talk to psychologist. Am afraid of psychiatrists. Their occupation is to put you on meds. I don’t want to take them unless I need them. Thanks

I

Inie

Does tapering cause the pounding heart to come back? Or does that mean that my anxiety issue has not been resolved? Going to talk to psychologist. Am afraid of psychiatrists. Their occupation is to put you on meds. I don’t want to take them unless I need them. Thanks
Everyone is different. In my experience I did have the pounding heart while tapering. I take a beta blocker (Propranolol) to resolve it. Unresolved anxiety can also cause pounding heart. Even certain meds can cause it. I would recommend getting an EKG done to make sure there is nothing goin with yr heart. If you are cleared from that than most likely anxiety is the culprit. Don’t be afraid of psychiatrists. They are there to help you. See a psychologist if you feel more comfortable.

R

Randa

Thanks. I’m talking to my psychologist first on Wednesday. I need to understand. I wish I could trust psychiatrists It is hard for me to trust them. Thanks for answering the question👍🏻

I

Inie

Thanks. I’m talking to my psychologist first on Wednesday. I need to understand. I wish I could trust psychiatrists It is hard for me to trust them. Thanks for answering the question👍🏻
Good luck. Let me know how it goes.