• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Best medication for social anxiety

S

sunny71

Please can you recommend medication for social anxiety, i came of ciprolax 4 3rs ago,too many side effects.Not been on anything else since but its all started up again and cannot cope.
Im at docs on tuesday. Anybody recommend any names i can throw at doctor?
thanks so much
sunny71:confused:

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Were you on cipralex (escitalopram)?If not I'd recommend it.

S

sunny71

Were you on cipralex (escitalopram)?If not I'd recommend it.
yeah it was that one-was on it for about a year-it killed my sex drive,fed up of feeling sick everyday. It was for depression where as now i feel its more social anxiety i have-but i see my doc on tuesday.:) x

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It can be prescribed for depression and or anxiety.I've been lucky so far with it and not experienced any side effects.It's stopped my panic attacks.
I'm only on 5mg.What dose were you on?

S

sunny71

It can be prescribed for depression and or anxiety.I've been lucky so far with it and not experienced any side effects.It's stopped my panic attacks.
I'm only on 5mg.What dose were you on?
i was on 5mg then went up to 10mg but it was a long time ago and i feel different to what i did the last. I will try this again when i go docs,".Iv heard good reviews on it like yourself. better the devil you know i suppose."
Soare you happy on 5mg?how long have you been on 5mg?
thanks
sunny71 xx

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've been on 5mg for a few months.My psychiatrist is going to increase the dose and take me off mirtazopine,which is an antidepressant.
I take it at night,and find it helps me sleep.Stops panic attacks and generally makes me feel relaxed.I'm hoping that at a higher dose it will help with my depression.:)