• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Best friend with a brain tumour

Scared with BPD

Scared with BPD

I am so terrified about what is going to happen yet I know honestly, I have managed to turn it back around to me. I am so shit, I don't deserve to be here, maybe if I went then he would be spared .......

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I'm really sorry to hear about this and its only natural for you to be thinking about how this affects you. Its not selfish, its just part of the human condition though most people just don't admit it anymore. If its any consolation I think the prognosis for people with brain tumours is a lot better than it used to be. I hope everything goes okay with your friend and you take care of yourself xx

C

Clementina

Someone will care if you die, remember that.

I know I would care if you died.

R

rasselas

hello scared with bpd

you have to equip yourself mentally to deal with life and death. it's a drama we are all within. life flashes everyone by. sadly, only when the end draws near do many start thinking, this is my life and life is to be lived.

death is the bastard that stands quietly by the side of everyone, totting up their vanities, measuring its time to trip them up.

a year ago i held my friend's hand while he spasmed in brain haemorrhage and died, within 3 minutes. only the day before we'd been laughing at his hospital bed. 14 months before our mutual friend had been almost completely erased by a massive stroke. they found a tumour. he didn't know who we were - his eyes were glazed. he also heamorrhaged and died.

each day we CHOSE not to succumb to worry. because no one knows what happens tomorrow, in the next hour, next week.

worry is a fantasy of the future - and it's death's friend - because it takes your eye off the ball. the ball is now!

forget morbid thoughts of death.

live. now. today. it's all anyone has or has ever had.

enjoy your time with your friend. keep your eye on the ball. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

C

Chantelle

Hi,
Everybody deserves a chance to be here, it's just sometimes people don't always reach the end of their chance in a pleasant way. All you can do is be there for youf best friend because i imagine that a part of him will want to enjoy the rest of his life, and people needs their friends to be there for them, all you can do is try your best to keep them happy and fulfill their dreams if possible and as for the part where you said he might be spared if you go is a negative and untrue comment, There is no god that looks over us we just make our own fate so we need to look after the bodies that we were put in

R

riverofdragons

I can relate to what you said about turing things around be about you....whenmy nan died and for a long time after all i could think of was the ways it affected me. not having her at special occasions, not there to talk to etc.

Though at first it seems selfish I have come to the belief that it is not. Though it is horrible for the person faced with that, if the worst happens then the story is over for them.......i dont mean to sound cruel but in a way the survivors suffer more in the long term. I dont think i have expressed myself very well....i sound cold hearted....

i should just say i understand...

A

Ainsworth

I can relate to what you said about turing things around be about you....whenmy nan died and for a long time after all i could think of was the ways it affected me. not having her at special occasions, not there to talk to etc.

Though at first it seems selfish I have come to the belief that it is not. Though it is horrible for the person faced with that, if the worst happens then the story is over for them.......i dont mean to sound cruel but in a way the survivors suffer more in the long term. I dont think i have expressed myself very well....i sound cold hearted....

i should just say i understand...
you have said it very well RofD, i understand exactly what you are saying and its a grieve which is expressed, as you say its not selfish...it shows how important that person is/was in our lifes and we have to continue to live without them without their input and value in our own lifes and that can be hard to do. its not selfish to want them around us for us, its a form of panic/anxiety to know what the future holds and how we will have to be without them.