Best and Worst times of Day?

G

gam9147

Curious what other's experiences are. I have generalized anxiety disorder and I seem to feel my worst in the mornings when I first get up (and sometimes wakes me up), and lately I've been able to feel very calm in the evenings. my thoughts even turn completely different in these two time frames.

My wife who has primary depression has the opposite (feel better in morning, worse at night). Curious what everyone else's experience is?

Was thinking this gives some insight into the thoughts that are occurring. I am thinking for me I do a lot of 'should' that finally stops at night when I don't expect myself to be doing anything else until the next day, and then it kind of resets.

G

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I feel good in the morning usually. In the afternoon my mood goes down gradually. By night time when everyone goes to bed, I feel anxious staying up late all alone.

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

I feel awful in the morning - it's the unconscious knowing of having to do it all over again... My mind is clear by the time I wake up - unless I have a really bad night's sleep, which happens. So I know what the day is going to entail and all the pain I have to endure, and it's terrible knowing. So almost always the morning.

I feel the best... I don't usually feel so good. Some evenings can be nice.

sunset547544

sunset547544

I definitely feel better in the evenings. I think it's someting to do with stress hormones decreasing in my system in preperation for sleeping. I think there might be some science behind this relating to adenosine and cortisol. After lunch is usually the worst time of day for me, I often have high levels of depression and a general fatigue/malaise but inability to nap/fall asleep.

Valka

Valka

I usually find afternoons / evenings are worse for me. I tend to over analyse things and the longer I have to think about them the more worked up I get.

melonino

melonino

Most of the days, mornings are the worst time for me, I usually wake up feeling already axious from hearing the sound of the alarm and my cat yelling at me to feed him lol, it makes me crazy. By the time I get to work, I'm still pretty anxious, but it starts to get better. Still I have my up and downs, but it depends of the day.

Then at the evening, around 8-9 before going to bed I start to get axious again and I don't sleep very well. Which leads me waking up again feeling tired and anxious. It's a never ending vicious circle.

Victorianna

Victorianna

I feel awful in the morning - it's the unconscious knowing of having to do it all over again...
Yes, completely feel the same way. It’s a whole new day I have to get through.
I like the evening/night so much better. It’s darker, my family will be home to talk to if I want, and I start to feel sleepy and more relaxed.

G

gam9147

Thanks all for sharing, its helpful to know. Maybe it does have something to do with the 'doing it all over' thing, or I'm just conditioning myself at this point to realize I have been feeling worse in the morning so my mind is preparing for it.