• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Best Advice....

Blackdog69

Blackdog69

I've suffered for nearly thirty years with Depression. I had the attitude of just keep on going you will feel crap but just get out there.
Now my mind set has changed when I am good "up top" I will try to get as much as I can out of the days I have off, do things enjoy my life when I have the confidence & relaxed outlook. :clap:
When not so good "up top" I am not going to put pressure on myself just do what I need to do to get through which is really difficult let me tell you.:cry:
What's your advice when the good times roll or the dark clouds descend!!...:scratcheshead:

Unique1

Unique1

Hi.

I've only been fully aware of my MI for a couple of years, after a melt down, and I'm still learning. Although like you, I tend to fit as much as possible in on good days, or at least do something, maybe make that phone call I've been dreading but it needs to be made.
on bad days now, I try not to beat myself up about it and go with it more. I do my best to use it to be kind to myself if I can, I wouldn't say it always works but I'm sure it helps that I'm not fighting it or putting myself down because It's not possible for me to do anything on those days.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R IS it for the best? Advice please!!!!! Depression Forum 4
T My best friend and I are having issues because of my PTSD Depression Forum 1
nenexx Best song for depression! Depression Forum 2
C I lost my mother a girl i was dating and my best friend Depression Forum 1
Bezerker Best way to relax before sleeping Depression Forum 5
U I hate being told to make the best of how things are, when things can be better Depression Forum 7
M Its hard when you hope for the best that doesn't come Depression Forum 6
jajingna Do you have a worst or best time of day? Depression Forum 10
B Best medication for depression Depression Forum 11
Carol1952 I dont know what to do I feel so depressed because I feel like I am losing my best friend. Depression Forum 10
wollie What time of day do you feel best Depression Forum 15
S I stopped sharing with my best friend of 9 years. Depression Forum 8
bluestar ocean Searching for the best antidepressant w/ minimal side effects or withdrawal. Depression Forum 4
P Before or After best friends wedding? Depression Forum 15
C My best friend is struggling with chronic depression Depression Forum 2
S How do i tell my best friend i never want to see him again? Depression Forum 46
L Not the best day Depression Forum 7
M Best antidepressant for anhedonia? Depression Forum 5
N I destroyed the best thing in my life Depression Forum 14
A How to find the best rehabilitation centre? Depression Forum 0
F Best medicine change? – male teen depression Depression Forum 3
L Depression is trying to get the best of me Depression Forum 7
P My best friend's depression is taking a serious toll over my mental health and my studies Depression Forum 4
P In love with best friend and severely depressed Depression Forum 9
P Let down with 2 people I thought were best friends Depression Forum 3
T Best friend has depression Depression Forum 3
B Really bad fall out with best friend due to depression, don't know what to do Depression Forum 1
O It was supposed to be the best day of my life... Depression Forum 2
BorderlineDownunder Lost my Oldest Best Friend Yesterday Depression Forum 25
student12 Feel like such a loser and i probably think its best to give up Depression Forum 4
J Do you think suicide is the best remedy for my situation? Depression Forum 14
G Best friends depression. Depression Forum 14
T Whats you're best method to falling asleep? Depression Forum 6
C Losing a best friend Depression Forum 2
Z The best thing about life Depression Forum 7
B Low mood best friend Depression Forum 4
dubblemonkey I hate how the best people die Depression Forum 1
M laughter is the best medicine Depression Forum 2
W Anyone can please tell me about the best medicine for depression available in market? Depression Forum 8
S Is it best that i tell my doctor? Depression Forum 14
M can a broken friendship be mended? or is it gone forever once it's broken? if its time to mend how much time do you give one? help I miss my best frie Depression Forum 4
P arguement (through text) with my best friend :( Depression Forum 3
P "its not that bad..." my best friend is very supportive! :( Depression Forum 2
LX_Marego I'm in love with my best friend Depression Forum 4
P my relationship with music.. you could say it is my best friend. Depression Forum 5
dodo777 Tryyiinng my best Depression Forum 3
B What is for the best?...what would u do?? Depression Forum 2
C Where is the thread "What's the best way of getting rid of sexual urges?" Depression Forum 29
AviaBrown Best friend is mad with me Depression Forum 6
I What's going on with me? Life's been so weird. Advice and input are appreciated. Depression Forum 2