• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

besides self talk what actually reduced your severe depression or anxiety?

S

supremekai123

i am plagued with negative sad worrying thoughts, im to depressed to function and i feel confused and my memory seems to be worse. my brain is very foggy and depressed i have no joy. my question is what medication combo or suppliments or anything that did a 180 turn around for you and made you feel better or releif?

Boudicca

Boudicca

Hi there! Sorry that you are going through so much.
The medication that has helped me a lot is called Dusolepin. It has reduced and almost stopped my anxiety, helps with sleep a bit and my depression has eased up greatly. It was one of the 1st generation of anti depressants.
It’s not really used that much any more. I’ll post some info about it.
You must talk to your doctor about any antidepressant that you go on. To know the risks.🙂

M

Mistral

You need to see a doctor, if you have not already done so as has been said.

Boudicca

Boudicca

Feel free to PM me if ever you need a friendly ear. :hug:

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. You say you are having sad and worrying thoughts. I think therapy will be helpful for that. Along with an antidepressant I think that will be most beneficial. The antidepressant can take the edge of the depression and the therapy can explore the cause of the depression.

S

supremekai123

Feel free to PM me if ever you need a friendly ear. :hug:
thank you i will look into that medication. i have heard people having better luck sometimes with older antidepressants. i have tried the newer ones with no luck. did you try and of the ssri's? or did you just try the one your on and got lucky first shot?

S

supremekai123

Hello and welcome to the forum. You say you are having sad and worrying thoughts. I think therapy will be helpful for that. Along with an antidepressant I think that will be most beneficial. The antidepressant can take the edge of the depression and the therapy can explore the cause of the depression.
thanks for the response people. i think therapy can help alot i have never commited to it. i beleive that because my depression and anxiety is so bad i will need an antidepressant or equivalent to take the edge of and allow me to do therapy and get back out there. i have tried 3 ssri and 1 snri medication so i am starting to think that maybe older medications will work better in my case. i do not have bi polar i have persistent bad anxiety bad depression as an FYI.

Boudicca

Boudicca

thank you i will look into that medication. i have heard people having better luck sometimes with older antidepressants. i have tried the newer ones with no luck. did you try and of the ssri's? or did you just try the one your on and got lucky first shot?
I’ve tried all sorts of antidepressant. Prozac worked. For a while . I’ve tried SsRIs... SNRIs... Mirtazipine and Trazadone worked for a while then stopped. The older antidepressant seem to work better for me personally. ☺🙌:hug1:

Boudicca

Boudicca

thanks for the response people. i think therapy can help alot i have never commited to it. i beleive that because my depression and anxiety is so bad i will need an antidepressant or equivalent to take the edge of and allow me to do therapy and get back out there. i have tried 3 ssri and 1 snri medication so i am starting to think that maybe older medications will work better in my case. i do not have bi polar i have persistent bad anxiety bad depression as an FYI.
Therapy does help as an adjunct to medication. My Counsellor is very good. I’m not seeing her at the moment because of the Corona epidemic, but will reconvene with counselling soon.

Boudicca

Boudicca

Sorry I forgot to say welcome to the forum! How rude of me.
Welcome to the forum!!:welcome::)

D

Dreamandbehappy

I m new to this Forum and I am a long term sufferer of Depression and Anxiety, although my Illness mirrors others in many ways, we all deal with it in different ways, there is not a quick fix and you do need see your GP who will be able to assess and prescribe the appropriate treatment you need.

there are Quite a few Anti-depressant tablets on the market, but these must really only be prescribed by your GP and each one will help different people in different ways and most importantly you must take them as prescribed, if one pill worked then we wouldn't need to have so many versions on the market

Pills can sometimes be the answer, but your GP may also refer you to see someone, this can take time and even more so based on the present situation can lead to frustration and feeling no one is doing anything quick enough for you, I can not stress enough that you don't give up on the help and support your GP provides

It seems to me, that there are a lot of people on here that care about you and what you are going through, and again I can not stress enough how important it is to keep talking about how you feel when you are able to, it really will help you.

Well, like everyone here, we do care about you and understand what it is you are going through

wollie

wollie

I have just reached the maximum dose of Latuda It helps greatly with my depression.