• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bereavement/ Illness - am I overreacting?

L

LeoNorthampton

Hi All

This is the first time I'm doing something like this so bare with.

Since I was 11, I've had 6 operations down below, and to be fair to myself, I've bottled it up and kept that lid closed. In 2020, particularly this week, I don't know what has happened but I'm finding myself asking, why do I want to be here anymore. My story continues:

I was admitted twice into A&E as I was mis-diagonsed. Turns out that there is so much blood being pumped that my sperm is overheating, meaning that in the future, I probably won't be able to have children. On top of that, (and you will hopefully get me if you have a pet), my 15 year companion was going into heart failure. I made the decision to put him down on Friday. I was basically my cats carer, needed 9 tablets a day for the last 2 months, but was also the one constant I could talk too. I would be relieved of all stress. Now he's gone, I'm thinking I can't cope - but I also know deep down that this isn't the case.

I havent a clue what to do. I am the support pillar for the family. Last year I cared for my mum who went through cancer and thankfully is in remission this year, but I just keep getting knocked down. Do I even have a mental health issue or am I blowing things up way out of proportion?

wollie

wollie

Hi Leo

I think you are a hero with what you have gone through, I'm sorry to hear about your pet and your illness but glad your mum is in remission, you can all ways come on here if you feel depressed and tell us all about it.
All the best woolie.

T

treasurebox

You are a very caring person. The world needs more of you. It will be good for you to have another pet as it will bring joy and warmth to you.

Create happy moments because happiness is a choice.