• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Benefits simply isn't enough cash is it : /

BillFish

BillFish

Simple enough, benefits even with a war pension simply isn't enough to enable me to do what I want to do.I've applied for a self employed delivery job that offers £1500 a month.Getting a bit tired of living on a shoe string, been doing it for 13 years.It isn't enough to buy equipment and travel costs etc.I see plenty of people online living comfortable lives and swanning around living the life of Riley.......want a few crumbs myself :mad::meanie:

L

lovagemuffin

gratitude list I have food in my belly and a little left over.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Nothing wrong with wanting more. But benefits originally were just to put a roof over heads and food in stomachs. I am on benefits and its very hard, I know, I wish I could work again, but not convinced I can.

D

Dottyone

I am still happy and gratefull to have somewhere to call home and enough money for food, being homeless/ill with no benefits is worse than worse.

Am quite happy with the basics, like calypso said nothing wrong with a little more for hobbies and interests.:)

good luck with your deliverys bill

BillFish

BillFish

I am still happy and gratefull to have somewhere to call home and enough money for food, being homeless/ill with no benefits is worse than worse.

Am quite happy with the basics, like calypso said nothing wrong with a little more for hobbies and interests.:)

Thanks.....I'm not expecting to take the world by storm :meanie: Just think a few hundred pounds more a month would make a huge difference, think I'm short of about £300 a month to enable me to take my hobby further and travel a bit:p

My army pension is derisory, we have friends who have come back from living in France, his police pension is excellent, they really know how to look after themselves:p

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
have you ever worked on meds, you are on meds aren't you, theres a tiredness and lack of energy, at least from what i gather you'll be able to work and have your army pension on top

D

Dottyone

For fuks sake stop piping on at people trying to make a better life for them selves.

good luck Bill (y)

Too many anti well get myself stuff going on, yes I am being blunt but only because my numbers up.

step back and help not knock down !

V

Verity

Aint that the truth! Gratitude is essential to well being and furthering growth, well being, health and wealth. When I was made redundant and my health deteriorated, I was at rock bottom. I sold pretty much everything I owned on ebay to stop my home from being repossessed. I still have my home and I am rebuilding my health. I would not swap my health for any amount of money. Your health is your wealth. Where there is a will to do something, you will always find a way. A reduced income has made me more resourceful and creative. I have worked along many people with shedloads of money and zero happiness. Happiness comes from within. It helps not to compare ourselves to others, as we are all on different paths :)

V

Verity

have you ever worked on meds, you are on meds aren't you, theres a tiredness and lack of energy, at least from what i gather you'll be able to work and have your army pension on top
I worked on meds Monday - Friday for more years than I can remember and it destroyed my health. I spent the weekend recovering, ready to put my fake happy / normal face on again on Monday morning. Medicating to push yourself through pain and stress that your body can't handle is not the answer, rambo.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
the entrepenaur spirit been positive taking risks is pushed by capitalist society, but sometimes things don't work that way

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I worked on meds Monday - Friday for more years than I can remember and it destroyed my health. I spent the weekend recovering, ready to put my fake happy / normal face on again on Monday morning. Medicating to push yourself through pain and stress that your body can't handle is not the answer, rambo.
your agreeing with me

V

Verity

the entrepenaur spirit been positive taking risks is pushed by capitalist society, but sometimes things don't work that way
I'm all for entrepreneurial spirit, rambo, but you have to be in the right state of mind / in good health to take calculated risks. I was medicated purely to keep me functioning in my work role which was dangerous to both me, my health and potentially those I worked with. Capitalism at its best or worst depending on your viewpoint.

D

Dottyone

I worked on meds and it was near impossible, I slept for 2 hours every dinner time and then got sectioned from burnout and delusions.

Again bill good luck mate...

Its about support nothing else, positivity breads happyness, happyness breads confidence...... :D

ive said my piece now I will be normal! Sorry I dont mean no harm........

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I'm all for entrepreneurial spirit, rambo, but you have to be in the right state of mind / in good health to take calculated risks. I was medicated purely to keep me functioning in my work role which was dangerous to both me, my health and potentially those I worked with. Capitalism at its best or worst depending on your viewpoint.
you've changed your tune i remember you attacking me for not been positive when i wasn't all for someone working in another thread, bills got his army pension to add to his wages, i've got a friend with sick pensions who's working

V

Verity

Bill, have you thought of attending a local WEA photography course (free to those on benefits) or shadowing a photography student at a local uni. Both of these options require zero outlay and could provide you with a wealth of experience and access to equipment that you may not be able to afford currently to build your portfolio. Also search for local photography groups / clubs in your area. Worth considering? ;)