• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Benefits money and use

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello,

having seen another thread about getting a certain amount of money, i am therefore wondering if it's moral and ok for me
to spend the money i get from benefits for things like a new laptop and/or tablet.
I get around £750 or something like that, from universal credit and £220? or around £200 from PIP.

D

DanColl22

I think it is moral and ok, it’s your money to do with what you want. But save some and or invest it, eg. In Bitcoin or pension

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

you should spend your money on what you like ,trust me they wouldn't give it you if you didn't deserve it ,they are so strict with benefits nowadays x

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello,

having seen another thread about getting a certain amount of money, i am therefore wondering if it's moral and ok for me
to spend the money i get from benefits for things like a new laptop and/or tablet.
I get around £750 or something like that, from universal credit and £220? or around £200 from PIP.
Your money is yours to do what you want with.
Spend responsibly. xo, j

C

celticlass

PIP money is supposed to cover the additional costs associated with an illness and/or disability.