• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Benefits make you evil

S

S.Moss

irony=what's that?

Did you know that the Smiths wrote a song called "The Queen Is Dead"? I bet you checked the news thinking that she really had snuffed it.

Are you one of those that just read the title?

Did you ACTUALLY read the article? Because I think it's a scathing go at Littlejohn, Phillips, and the typical tabloid rhetoric.

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

I've got to say I agree with what she is saying. The tabloids love to hear about murders/murderers but they love going into the depths of their backgrounds and if they are people who live on benefits then they story does get dragged out a little. They do report on (nearly) all murders, but if the killer has a decent background the papers don't really seem to go into it as much nor do they drag it out.
It is utterly unfair to say that ALL people on benefits are scroungers I agree - I think the tabloids just get carried away.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Another thing that annoys me is why do they always think that lone parents are scroungers .

I was divorced, in a council house with two young children. I managed to climb the ladder at work, buy my house and both my girls have never caused me a minutes problem