• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Benefits fraud

D

DanColl22

I’ve been hospitalised 7 times but don’t really see that there’s anything wrong with me, I’m being given 750 universal credit and 240 pip, and I just generally don’t think the psychiatrists know what they’re on about. I’m fine to work, but given that I can have a good lifestyle at home with parents on benefits, why would I choose to work? Btw I take depakote (mood stabiliser) and clopixol (antipsychotic), but don’t really think they do anything, I’ve gone for a couple years without taking anything, working full time before getting stressed coz of lockdown starting, and ending up being forced back in hospital. I feel like each of the times I was hospitalised it was forced upon me when there was nothing wrong with me, and the doctors not knowing what they were talking about having me locked up

Funnyday

Funnyday

The quickest way out of Hospital is to play the game. Join in with any activities available. Show them that you can interact without incident. Go for group walks if available. Don't kick off and be polite.

JessisMe

JessisMe

You should choose to work because some day your parents won’t be around to support you and by that time you will have been out of the work force so long that nobody will hire you. That is the position I am in now and it is very scary because I could end up homeless and living on the streets if I am not able to find a way to support myself. Here in the US it is impossible to live off benefits alone. xo, j

R

rawlinsc

You should choose to work because some day your parents won’t be around to support you and by that time you will have been out of the work force so long that nobody will hire you. That is the position I am in now and it is very scary because I could end up homeless and living on the streets if I am not able to find a way to support myself. Here in the US it is impossible to live off benefits alone. xo, j
My mom is on disability benefits and lives in a HUD low income senior housing building. It is possible to live on disability benefits with HUD or section 8.

JessisMe

JessisMe

My mom is on disability benefits and lives in a HUD low income senior housing building. It is possible to live on disability benefits with HUD or section 8.
Where I live there is a ten year waiting list fir subsidized housing. It is possible to get by with subsidized housing but just barely. xo, j

R

rawlinsc

Where I live there is a ten year waiting list fir subsidized housing. It is possible to get by with subsidized housing but just barely. xo, j
Yes I remember my mom was on a waiting list.

E

english rose

I've been trying to get it for 27 years & am still as far away as ever.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I’ve been hospitalised 7 times but don’t really see that there’s anything wrong with me, I’m being given 750 universal credit and 240 pip, and I just generally don’t think the psychiatrists know what they’re on about. I’m fine to work, but given that I can have a good lifestyle at home with parents on benefits, why would I choose to work? Btw I take depakote (mood stabiliser) and clopixol (antipsychotic), but don’t really think they do anything, I’ve gone for a couple years without taking anything, working full time before getting stressed coz of lockdown starting, and ending up being forced back in hospital. I feel like each of the times I was hospitalised it was forced upon me when there was nothing wrong with me, and the doctors not knowing what they were talking about having me locked up
i remember asking my father if i could live with them when that thug beat me up on that bad estate my father said i'd rather you were dead and my mother told me he thought i'd be better off dead

my father also said if you live with us the only place for you when we die would be a home

my parents are now dead