• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

benefits.....can anyone help me

A

Antonia25

hi all,
so im currently on employment and support allowance cos im not able to work due to my depression
the thing is im made to go to the job centre for a pathways to work interview and like a medical assessment...thing is the thought of going to these is getting me really wound up and making me totally scared, apprehensive....etc

my mate has been telling me about some sort of mental health benefit aside from the job centre....
im not sure what im entittled to or how to apply for it....

please note if i could work i would, i had a intervieww next week and i freaked, panic attack and felt so unwell i couldt do it.....

pleaser help me if you know any info that may help.
thanks all

D

DELATEXT

benefits

suggest you get advice from citizens advice who will get you a welfare rights officer who can tell you what benefits you may be entitled to.

:welcome:

shaun3210

shaun3210

I have my 3rd pathways to work interview tomorrow and I agree they are stressful, have you got anybody who could go with you such as a support worker or advocate?

Remember they can’t force you into doing anything, it is more to discuss what is available to help you get back into work when you’re able, don’t be afraid to say that you think that some of the suggestions maybe too much for you to cope with at the moment.

S

Soren

hi antonia,

i know how you feel - its always a worry that the person you see will be unreasonable and unsympathetic, and that they'll try to push you into something when you're not ready.

just tell the truth and if you feel like you're being pushed in the wrong direction, just say firmly but politely that you really don't think you can go along with it.

in my experience, things aren't as mindless as they used to be in the benefits departments, and hopefully they won't try to bully you. its really only meant to be a meeting about your situation and the help and support available - no worries.

hope it goes well:)

2hoot39

hi, i had my interview at the jobcentre about a month ago and it really freaked me out beforehand, like you if i could work i would. I went with my partner i was so anxious the chap i saw was really understanding they dont push you into anything they just advise you on options you could take and they are your contact to talk to if you dont understand anything whilst being on ESA. Its easier said than done i should really practice what i preach but nothing is as bad as you think im sure you will be suprised,dont go alone go with someone who understands you and like i did let them do the talking!! it only took about 20mins (may seem along time but it flew) you may only have to go once i dont have to go back. hope this helps

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Does anyone else just want to sleep and not wake up? Depression Forum 11
G Anyone experience this?? Depression Forum 5
L has anyone noticed smart people are angry Depression Forum 8
S Does anyone have issues sleeping etc when severely depressed? Depression Forum 3
M Even go to the bathroom tires me, anyone else ? Depression Forum 1
G Does Anyone Else Feel Like This.. Depression Forum 9
L If anyone could read this or give any kind of advice I could really use it! Depression Forum 5
L I feel like wanting anyone to love me would be such a burden to them Depression Forum 5
TooMuchPain Does anyone actually beat depression? Depression Forum 19
J Does anyone find it hard to express their feelings. Depression Forum 12
L does anyone feel they are going through the day like floating soul? Depression Forum 31
migraine Anyone dealt with repressed memories? Depression Forum 5
O I cant feel anything and i cant tell anyone. Depression Forum 47
L Not Needing Anyone Depression Forum 7
B Anyone who experienced hospitalizations as a teenager willing to tak to a worried mom? Depression Forum 7
B Anyone wanna message me? Depression Forum 24
A_Wilted_Daisy Does anyone else just randomly cry off and on? Depression Forum 12
H Why can't anyone stay in my life? Depression Forum 20
M Depression due loneliness, anyone else ? Depression Forum 25
L can anyone recommend medication ? Depression Forum 2
J Anyone on pain medication Depression Forum 2
MeAndMyDepression Does anyone else suffer from bipolar depression? Depression Forum 9
J SPRAVATO for Treatment Resistance Depression Has anyone used Spravato? Depression Forum 4
A does anyone else think they are really boring Depression Forum 30
B Really want to kill myself. Anyone want to message me. Depression Forum 27
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
M Anyone wants to chat ? Depression Forum 13
M Anyone else feel like a burden Depression Forum 13
Z Did anyone experience the same depression? Depression Forum 1
D anyone that wants to move to a different country for love? Depression Forum 3
D Anyone that struggles with their immigrant parents here? Depression Forum 21
M Anyone able to PM for a bit Depression Forum 41
PurpleBlue A thread for anyone feeling like crap tonight Depression Forum 7
A i can’t find anyone who i can talk to or relate to Depression Forum 5
B Feel like shit..... anyone wanna message me? Depression Forum 5
B Depressed/ hopeless about life..... anyone wanna message me? Depression Forum 5
A Anyone want to talk? Depression Forum 6
R Has anyone ever been on Trintellix? What were your experiences? Depression Forum 2
D Still overly attached to mother and childhood. Anyone? Depression Forum 5
M Not having anyone to talk Depression Forum 34
AustralianDeb1986 Has anyone been on or know about the birth control implant Nexplanon / Implanon? Depression Forum 3
K For anyone suffering with depression Depression Forum 5
R Staying away from toxic individual help Depression Forum 2
L Depressed partner help Depression Forum 2
Signofthetimes Help request just for meeting the day Depression Forum 7
K Help! Depression Forum 10
GaryC123 Help Depression Forum 16
R Help Feeling empty Depression Forum 13
KaoticKiss I need help with life!!! Depression Forum 55
A I need help!! Depression Forum 27