• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Benefit Vs. Risk - Medication

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The doctor said to me today that even though my prolactin is high, the benefit of the medication outweighs the risk. So as long as I don’t have physical symptoms from high prolactin, then I should continue taking Amisulpride.

I am not sure how I feel about someone else making a decision about the benefit vs. risk.

That said I don’t want the hassle of switching Antipsychotic again as this controls my symptoms well.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
My psychiatrist took me off risperidone when my prolactin went high. It can cause infertility if you are a woman, so worth stop taking them. Don't think it's harmful if you are male... 🤔
You can end up producing milk though. It's a possibility.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

My psychiatrist took me off risperidone when my prolactin went high. It can cause infertility if you are a woman, so worth stop taking them. Don't think it's harmful if you are male... 🤔
You can end up producing milk though. It's a possibility.
It can still cause lactation and it says online that over several years it can thin the bones.

L

linus

Depends on the level of prolactin, there is a formula to compare, I don’t remember it by heart, but the medic can explain to you how high is the risk actually

L

Lab rat

On a normal day I could translate, today, for me is far from normal. This gives the basic information. Be well :)